DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

turns over for too long before firing

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gregovich 
#1 ·
Just recently purchased a 2005 Neon and replaced the spark plugs and wires. Now i think its a fuel problem. Ive done some research and think it might be the fuel pressure regulator. Also a obd code came im for P04561 small evap leak. Has anyone else had this problem?

#2 ·
P04561 small evap leak, repair this first, if the system can't evap the fumes properly ,There will likely be no noticeable symptoms other than the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). This is because the EVAP system is a closed system and only controls fuel tank vapors, not engine management.

Causes

Usually this P0456 code is caused by an incorrect or faulty gas cap. Filling the fuel tank with the engine running could conceivable cause this code as well or if the cap wasn't properly tightened. Any of the following could also be the cause: or cap needs replacement.

#3 ·
Hi, i think i fixed the problem with the delayed start by replacing the fuel pressure regulator. Its firing right up now which is a big relief. I no longer have to prime the ignition prior to starting. The part was more than 100 dollars but still much cheaper than taking it to a shop. Even if i did cuss and toss the old one across the yard after finally getting it out. I did notice the old regulator was missing on of its gaskets. That may or may not have been the cause of the code. If not ill have to take a look at the evap canister and hoses. This car is very clean with 111k miles and runs great. The evap code seems to come back after about a week after resetting it. I disconnected the negative battery terminal this weekend while replacing the regulator. The code hasnt come back on yet i will have to wait and see. I also cleaned the gas cap seal and surrounding area. Thankyou for replying im new to this site and am not very familiar with it. Have a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.