DodgeTalk Forum banner

6.7 trouble

10K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Cummins67L 
#1 ·
this morning i got a P2262-turbocharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical code...what would be causing this? truck is an 08 an only has 2000 miles.....

also if i put a delete kit on..will it void my warrenty?

#2 ·
2262 usually means you were driving it too easy. Use the exhaust brake as much as you can and drive it hard and the code will go away. As for the deletes, that is up to your dealer. Some will void, some won't.

#3 ·
VGT actuator driver

Hi Krazzykustoms
P –Code 2262
Cummins Code 2387

This is the VGT actuator driver circuit (motor) the mechanical system is not responding properly or out of adjustment. Witch could cause turbocharger Boost Pressure low

This was not caused by your driving,

You should take it in and have it looked at.
If you drive with low boost it will fill up your soot filter faster,
This could over heat the filter when is goes into the cleaning cycle.
If it plugs up the filter you could get stuck out on the road.

If you have a delete on,, they may void the warranty.

#4 ·
I just had this same code last week, here is what I did. (I am not sure if this helped or not but the next day, the light went off) Drove about 10 miles at around 70 mph, then floored it from 0-85/90 and then exhaust brake back to 0 and then repeat again 2-3 times. I know that it definitely had to have gotten the turbo nice and hot.

Good luck.

#5 ·
VGT Turbo

Hi BlueTRXinAZ,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your turbo so soon. If this is the second time that the light has come on, I would recommend taking it to a dealer and having it checked out.

If this was the first time that you experienced this problem, then I’d recommend driving it for a while to see if it comes back on.

One thing you might try is to see if the turbo connections are plugged in all the way. You will find two connectors under the turbo to the right. One connector is the speed sensor and the other is a VGT actuator. Sometimes a pin will get pushed back into the connector instead of engaging into the other connector.

The aggressive driving may have done some passive desoot to help clean up the soot filter, but probably would not have solved the turbo’s issue.

#6 ·
Most guys that have had the 2262 have gotten rid of it by driving it hard for a day. There are many cases of that.

#7 ·
Ive had this same code too. First the dealer cleaned the turbo then it went back in within a week with the p2262 code again. Dodge would'nt let the dealer replace the turbo so they had to do the cleaning again. The code came back on within a week again. This time dodge manned up and replaced the turbo. the newer turbo seems to make a big difference. I have about 13,000 miles on the truck rigth now. I think all the codes started at about 7,500 miles. So far so good.

#8 ·
Oh yeah I bought the truck in april 08 and all the codes started in I think september 08. Make sure they check and see if you have the newest flash upgrade. I think its Aq for automatics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.