Rough country lift..I need your advice and knowledge - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 5 Old 01-10-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
hpstang

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rough country lift..I need your advice and knowledge

I just sold my 3rd gen to my dad 2 weeks ago because he loves my truck and had to have it lol. So I have been on the look out for a 4gen Ram to replace it. I always wanted to lift my 3rd gen but never had the time or the extra money to do it. Well I have found me a really nice used 2014 Ram 1500 crew cab 4x4 with 18,900 miles 1 owner from Michigan according to car fax for a pretty good deal at the dealership about 45 miles from me. I have been working out a deal back and forth over the phone and got them down to a pretty good price. I have not seen the truck in person but have seen tons of pictures. I am going to drive it this Saturday and if it checks out I'm going to purchase it. Now here is my question. The dealer installed a brand new rough country 6" lift with brand new xd's and 35 12.50 20 tires. Apparently the dealer decided in the month of December they were going to order some kits and install them on some of the used trucks they have. My question is how is the rough country lift kit for the 4 gen Ram? I have not researched or kept up with it in a while to know how these lifts are holding up for the 4gens. I would prefer to have a Bds lift as that's the lift I wanted for my 3rd gen but this is what this truck has so it is what it is. This will be a pavement pounder with very little off road other than driving down a dirt road during hunting season, and tow a 16 center console bay boat. This will also not be a daily driver more so a weekend warrior. Just wondering your thoughts on this lift and if there is anything I need to know about it or look for. I need you guys help in a big way before making this purchase. Thanks in advance.

2005 Dodge Ram QC Thunder Road 5.7 Hemi 4x4 with 3.92 lsd

MODS:
Borla catback exhaust 140060
Airaid MIT
3865 Superchips
jet 180 t-stat
more to come

STEREO: alpine head unit, rockford fosgate t500-1bd amp,mtx thunderform, mtx tt6510-04 subs,
JL Audio TR690-TXi (6x9) in the front door,Jl audio tr 525 (5 1/4) for the back doors..

EXTERIOR: bushwacker bed and tail gate caps,factory 20" chrome clads,Nitto Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, dodge chrome factory nerf bars, blue calipers, tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light.

FUTURE MODS:
zone leveling keys
ES9000 procomp shocks front and rear
Moes 85mm throttle body
BBk shorty headers
magnaflow y pipe
Comp 260 cam(with 6.1 supporting mods)
big valve heads
370 stroker short block
Quote Quick Reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-10-2017, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
hpstang

(Thread Starter)
This is the truck in question. I have always wanted a smoke grey ram
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1930.JPG (46.2 KB, 3 views)

MODS:
Airaid MIT
3865 Superchips
jet 180 t-stat
more to come

STEREO: alpine head unit, rockford fosgate t500-1bd amp,mtx thunderform, mtx tt6510-04 subs,
JL Audio TR690-TXi (6x9) in the front door,Jl audio tr 525 (5 1/4) for the back doors..

EXTERIOR: bushwacker bed and tail gate caps,factory 20" chrome clads,Nitto Terra Grapplers 305-55-20, dodge chrome factory nerf bars, blue calipers, tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light.

FUTURE MODS:
zone leveling keys
Moes 85mm throttle body
BBk shorty headers
magnaflow y pipe
big valve heads
370 stroker short block
post #3 of 5 Old 01-13-2017, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
hpstang

(Thread Starter)
Man this place really died! what happened?

MODS:
Airaid MIT
3865 Superchips
jet 180 t-stat
more to come

FUTURE MODS:
zone leveling keys
Moes 85mm throttle body
BBk shorty headers
magnaflow y pipe
big valve heads
370 stroker short block

post #4 of 5 Old 01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
VINCH

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
If a pavement pounder you should be good. Mild off road too. Looks nice

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Red Neck White Hair Blue Collar
2012 Ram Crew Cab 3500 6.7 H.O. CTD 4x4 SRW
285/75/17 Toyo Open Country Xtreme ATII
post #5 of 5 Old 01-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Jordan4810

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have a 2013 ram 1500 sport, i installed a 6" rough country lift and 37x13.5 on 20x12 fuel wheels with 12k miles on the truck after 11 months of owning it. The truck now has 53k miles, and I haven't had any major issues with the lift. Living in Maine, everything likes to rust, although i think the powder coating on the rcx lift is subpar as well. The strut spacers on mine started to rust, and the spindles dont come with any finish on them so those will start to rust immediately if you live anywhere that uses salt on the roads. I just repainted the spindles and the strut spacers and they look fine great. The only "problem" i had with the lift were the rear shocks that come with it, theyre junk! Mine lasted about 24k miles before one started leaking heavily. The shafts were extremely pitted after about a year and a half of use. Not a huge deal,i replaced them with fabtech stealth shocks and im very happy with those. Overall i'd rate the lift a 6.5/10, definitely not the best on the market but for the price its good and reliable. My truck is mainly a pavement princess as well other than dirt roads to get to camps, fishing spots, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in