I need Hitch help I have a few ? about drop,class and ball size - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Notices

post #1 of 2 Old 10-27-2015, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
Joe.G

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I need Hitch help I have a few ? about drop,class and ball size

Hi, I was curious what the most common/ do it all drop would be on a hitch I am looking to buy a new one and only want to carry one in the truck.

Also what are the most common ball sizes these days?

And what is the most common class rating?

Now I know this all depends on what you would be hauling, Which for me would be mostly 2 place up to 5 place Snowmobile trailer, Small horse trailer and a reg size landscape type trailer.

The reason I ask about common size is if I was out somewhere and needed to move something that was not mine.

Thanks

2004 SLT Hemi Black Quad Cab 4WD. SRT-10 Hood, 06 20 Inch Rims SC F5 Tuner, S&B CAI, Power Stop Drilled Slotted tow Package brake kit, Braided Brake Lines, Bilstein Shocks, Helwig Rear Sway Bar and G2 Axle Rear Cover, Detroit Tru Trac rear Diff,Smoked LED Tail Lights, Tinted Windows, All Amsoil Fluid except Torco In rear Diff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-28-2015, 07:21 PM
locogk
locogk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
one ball size is 1 7/8 2 inch is most common (what is sell more at napa ) drop depends on what you have i had to go to 8 inch drop for my camper i went to a 2500 4 by

Gary a.k.a loco

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE
2016 2500 BIG HORN 4 x 4 crew cab red diesel,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars,
chrome tailgate handle cover factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, factory tow mirrors dash mat

hers

2015 black chrysler 200
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in