DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharger ordered!!!

7K views 119 replies 7 participants last post by  spun360 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I ordered up the torque storm supercharger, I'll make sure to take notes an get back with any gains I find.

I also bought a stage two water meth kit for it since they didn't offer any type of intercooler.

It will be feed by 60# siemen dekka fuel injectors.

I also got a set of 35 inch tall boggers an cut the middle lug out.

Sean is gonna tune for me once again.

Hoping to have a good time in the sand box this year!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
you will have fun with that! good choice.
why not use the aftermarket support out there for the cummins and use an intercooler from that pool of resources.
are you talking 10- 15lbs of boost?

#3 ·
you will have fun with that! good choice.
why not use the aftermarket support out there for the cummins and use an intercooler from that pool of resources.
are you talking 10- 15lbs of boost?

#5 ·
I could of, but I had the extra coin an was told water meth was a great option to both cool the charge an add higher octane to the combustion, said its about 116 octane with mater meth.

Probably should of did both that would of been the absolute best route.

But with how I mounted my double stacked trans cooler with a mounted fan in front it wouldn't fit, as it was I had to remove the A/C condenser to fit that.

The Cummins intercooler is pretty big, almost as big as my gassers radiator.

There chargers run about 8-9psi

Sean said they do well if you have 4.56 gears an a high stall 3000+ for coming out hot!!!

I just so happen To have 4.56 gears an a 2800 rpm stall!!

To bad they said 2-3 weeks for it to arrive an they are from Michigan, wasn't happy about that, it will only leave me 2 or so weeks to install an debug before the trip West to the sand box!

#6 ·
Don't confuse water meth with race gas lol. The only way you'll ever get a decent octane boost from it is if you run a high percentage of meth, which becomes a little dangerous, and hard to find/expensive. I'd rather run e100 if you're looking for the octane boost. Plus, unless you only spray enough to keep it just below melting point, you'll burn through water quicker than you can fill it with a supercharger, unless you set it to come on only with full throttle or something.

Just my opinion/experience.

That gear/stall will make for a crazy launch for sure lol. What size tires?

#7 ·
35 inch tires, idk I just read what the description said, I bought boost Juice, it's a 50/50 mix from snow performance, I picked up 4 gallons for 35$, probably order another 4 gallons before I head west.

I'll probably do 10 gallons of race fuel blended with 10 gallons 93, that usually last me all weekend.

#14 ·
you might be able to get cam2 gas at a local private airport. those prop planes run pretty HOT! you'd be surprised how much gas you go through while your having fun :cool:

#8 ·
My bad, I keep forgetting this will be a sand truck. That fuel mix should definitely work. Are you actually going to run more timing with the higher octane, or is it just to be safe? Whats your compression at again? What do you predict for power once it's all together?

#9 ·
I'm I guess with the colder charger from the meth it allows you to run more timing from what I understand.

I'm going to email Shawn tonight an see what he thinks best. Might ask for two times, one to go balls to the wall in the sand, an another for Just daily driving around.

Compression should only be 9.1.1 or 9.5.1 I can't remember it's been while lol, but it's not that high

#10 ·
Water meth is definitely a great idea either way, and cheaper startup cost. Can't beat the once and done cost of an IC though lol

Does this sc replace the intake manifold, or is it an accessory?

#11 ·
It's an accessory, to me it's a fancied up procharger but they call it a supercharger.

One week down hopefully it shows up next week sometime, they said 2-3 weeks hopfully it's 2 an not 3.

If the water meth proves to be very $$ as in I'm constantly adding fluid I'll deffly buy a intercooler kit, it was only 200$ for cooler an universal piping, but I figured my supercharger was already plumbed for water meth, an trying to make the cooler fit an if I'd have enough pipe was a pain.

#13 ·
Torque storm look them up, ya complete kit!

#15 ·
i still think a top mount screw and a modman intake manifold would breath better.
though i am very interested in the dyno results from this build, before the charger and after!

#16 ·
That's the only sucky part i don't have no before numbers, I'm gonna have to see if I can get it on before an after

#17 ·
Got ahold of vector motor sports they said they can get my truck on the dyno!!!!!

Also just installed a Alloy axle locking kit from summit, removes the vacuum actuator, now I just pull the 4x4 an pull the cable an boom no worries about vacuum!!

#18 ·
alloy axle locking kit?

#19 ·
#20 ·
So water meth kit showed up today, gonna do little reading, worried I ordered the wrong one though, I thought it said MAF/MAP sensor reading, this kit is for MAF don't we have MAP sensors on this truck?

#21 ·
Never mind says this kit uses either or

#22 ·
which kit did you get? mine is map/maf sensor but it also has a boost signal hookup on it and its a progressive controller.

#23 ·
I ordered the stage two MAF/MAP kit

#24 ·
ok i see what you mean now. i went with the boost cooler kit, not much of a difference between the two just i can use a boost/vac line to mine rather then tapping into the map sensor.

#25 ·
Wow how did I miss that the kit with the adjustable progressive boost control 1-20psi was the same price, looks like I ordered the adjustable progressive 0-5V/frequency

#26 ·
I'm gonna call them tomorrow I think I'm missing stuff from this kit, looked like it had been re-tapped

#27 ·
So supercharger shipped today should have it tomorrow morning.

Sean said I have to have a 2bar map sensor, is mine not a 2bar??

Do I need to purchase a aftermarket one?

#28 ·
Msd makes one and you need to get a Gm connector and wire it in. You can also get a Gm 2 bar sensor from a scyclone or gnx....anything boosted basically. Your stock one will be a 1bar. Might be rambling lol but 1bar is 15 ish psi, atmospheric pressure is 14.3 or something so that is basically why it's a 1 bar stock and you need a 2 bar for anything over vacuum in the engine.

#29 ·
Whoa you lost me lol, got a part number lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.