DodgeTalk Forum banner

My four-wheeling wife

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ScarredKnightfn 
#1 ·
I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... :WHT:

If you're on any OTHER part of this website, you probably know about my '92 Ramcharger, and perhaps my DD - my lifted Jeep Commander. Ever since FUDD got a worse idea :IDEA: - by eliminating the Panther platform, to build under-powered shiiteboxes... I've become a MOPAR man - 5 years running.

My wife DID have a beautiful '08 Grand Caravan SXT since 2011; came with EVERY option except sunroof. 3.8L V-6 spun the tires EVERY time I got in it (my Jeep and RC have slightly less giddyap to 'em ;)). And it was that beautiful Tangerine Sunburst color, with somewhat off-white interior.

UNFORTUNATELY... (I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... )... she's just NOT a good driver. :eek: I mean, I take my Ramcharger OFF-road - drive over rocks, through streams, & through the woods, and it comes out muddy, but without a scratch on it. She manages to do more MORE damage to her van, driving in a straight line down the highway! :hair:

Soooooooooo... she comes home Tuesday afternoon after a doctor appointment and says, "I think I broke the van!" :girlpower::WHT:

To wit.

To FURTHER wit.

I saw the tiremark on the concrete barrier where I THINK she hit it yesterday - she got lucky she didn't flip the whole thing over, as hard as she hit it. And this on top of the $3000 damage she did a few years ago, driving too fast in the snow, and hitting the retaining wall in our driveway. :ugh I filed THAT one on the insurance, but I knew we were looking at $5k or more on this, SOOOOOOOOOO...

Three Rules of Minivan Ownership:

1) Never WRECK one you're STILL paying on
2) NEVER trade it in, when you're upside-down on value (which we DEFINITELY were after THIS!), and -
3) NEVER buy a NEW minivan.

Welllllll... <sigh...>... being over a barrel, today I took delivery of... this.

2016 SE Plus. Has 1 mile on it, here in the pictures. :eek:

I EXPLAINED to the wife... AGAIN... (I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife - I love my wife... )... that after interest, principle, oil changes, belts, hoses, tires, front end alignments, insurance, brake jobs, and other maintenance, this will be a $150,000 vehicle, by the TIME it's paid off! And it has to last at least ANOTHER 5+ years beyond THAT! I told her, this is the LAST new vehicle you get, for the rest of MY life (if I die, she can take the insurance, buy a Hellcat Challenger and go nuts - I won't care THEN).

Gonna get the TST undercoat (oil) and extended warranty, since we HAFTA make it last this long. Nothing takes the edge off getting a new vehicle, like the reality of financing. :surprise

Wife and daughter, about to drive away in my life (and next THREE lives) savings...

See less See more
#2 ·
we do what we do because we do lol

#4 ·
If she wrecks it, I told her I'm having the Amish build me a four piece leather harness system. She can lash the children to it, and they can pull the van around like a buggy! :whip:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.