DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

time to trade it in?

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Bowjack 
#1 ·
I am thinking that it may be time to get rid of my truck....getting too old now, and needs way too much work that I just cant afford to do it. Its 2004, got 153000 miles. Ive had since it was new, but it may be time. my exhaust pipe broke, so tomorrow I need to get that fixed, who knows what thats going to cost me. I need a lot of front end work, needs a new rear seal, rear brakes are worn down again (less than a year old), I was told the A/C clutch bearing is going....needs a tune up plus a few more things....
I dont wanna do it, and cant really afford payments, but its either put a lot into this truck that I dont have or trade it in and take what I can and get something out of it.

#2 ·
You could not have picked a better time, with years end sales ahead. Then you have an opportunity to grab a 2017 ram. Some don't like to buy first model, as for me, I don't mind. Good luck..

#4 ·
New may not be an option, like said' you will most likely find the perfect Ram at dealership. Good luck.

#5 ·
One of my things too is I have 3 kids who dont live with me, but I have them quite a bit. They are 7 hour drive from me, and when I go get them or whatever, I have to rent a vehicle, just cant fit them in the back seat really. So, for a while now, been thinking of what to do. When I rent, im usually renting an SUV with 3 rows. So I have been thinking about that, I need something with 3 rows. Im looking at the possibility of a second gen Durango right now. If I can get enough as a trade in, and the price is right I may be able to do it. Im just not fully ready to give up the truck, thats my issue, this truck has been so good, and its a truck Ive always wanted, but, its getting to be at the point where it becomes a money pit I am afraid. But the fear I have is getting a used one, I may end up with a new money pit that I just have no way of knowing.....thats always a scary thing...

#6 ·
I see, if you can get a new Durango, that would solve 3 of your problems. I am pulling for you, brother

#7 ·
So today I had my truck at the dealer for the airbag recall, and they did an evaluation of the truck....turns out theres more wrong than I even knew about. They gave me a list.lower ball joints, left inner tie rod, tranny mounts, right front axle seal, rear pinion seal, leaf springs, power steering cooler, and the brake pads. And then there the AC bearing thing, which I dont really get. Plus the tune up it needs...I would say thats quite a bit wrong, and not sure I want to put all that into it, cuz Im sure its the start of thnigs just going bad. Probably shouldnt be driving this thing. and I was told it shouldnt pass inspection, which it due next month.

#8 ·
You have no choose now, not too mention how much you have already gotten out of the truck.

#11 ·
Ive looked at a few 07 Durangos and one 08 Durango. I cant afford a new one, or even last years model...still cant afford that kind of money.

#12 ·
oh, so today the truck started doing something new...the AC would work pretty good, but the longer it was on...you could feel the air flow getting less and less....had to shut it down and leave it off for a while and the the AC would come back on ok and be blowing hard. I hope I can do something soon.

#13 ·
Well, I am no longer the owner of a Dodge Ram....traded it in for a 07 Durango. Time to update my profile. Truck served me well for the past 12 years....going to miss the truck for sure...have a lot of good memories of it.

#14 ·
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.