DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuel PUMP recommendations or Change Fuel Pump Module-1990 B250 van -0

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Berry 
#1 · (Edited)
I need to drop the tank this weekend and change the fuel pump on 318 FI B250 Van-In Tank pump

A couple of questions:
1. I bought a Airtex last weekend from Autozone-Are they junk?
2. Is the Carter fuel pump better from Napa/Carter Bosch or Delphi?? Local Dealers OEM is
3. Should I just change out the whole fuel pump module instead? Local dealer said NAPA sells a complete module but I cannot find it. Worth the time to looka round and also replace?
4. Is a standard 9/16 Deep socket OK for the tank rmeoval-Craftsman Or is there a special deep well socket I need. I read somehwere that people made their own.
5. Is jack standing the van necessary for tank clearance removal. I am going to use cam straps to assist in raising and lowering the tank-I wont need jack clearance for the raising or lowering.

Thanks for your help.
Dave

#2 ·
Dave-Noticed your post about replacing the fuel pump/filter on your vehicle. I have a 1996 Dodge Ram B2500 Full Size van and need to do the same repair. I noticed that no one responded to your post and wanted to know what brand you ended up using? Also any tips on doing this repair. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated:worthy::worthy:. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.