DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Transmission stuck in 2nd gear

16K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  04 Silver Bulle 
#1 ·
Driving up the highway today I noticed the truck was not shifting into overdrive (hour into a trip). Then after slowing down the transmission shifted hard & delayed. A few miles we ended up in a back up for a few miles & the truck was stuck in second gear. Pulled over (took a few miles till I could pull over) & let the truck cool down/check the trans fluid. Everything reads ok. Drove the truck home, it shifted fine, but shifts quick instead of the soft delayed shift. Transmission light came on also.

My question is, the light is now off, and the truck is shifting fine again. Will there be a code stored, or did that go with the light? It's hard arguing with Dealers when the truck seems to be operating right.

2005 2500 Hemi 4x4

#2 ·
Bad valve body

Picked the truck up tonight, the Valve Body went bad. Dealer stated that the transmission is defaulted to 2nd gear when there is a problem. Big disapointment with only 28,000 miles & my old 01 having endless transmission issues. I thought they fixed the problems??!! :VHOT:

#3 ·
I had a similar problem, except a shifting solonoid on the valvebody went out at 15,000. Also stuck in second gear. Fixed it and no probs yet. Now I tow a boat and boy would it duck to have that happen again while towing on a camping trip!!!! Good luck with yours :gr_patrio

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.