DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dodgetalk....what happened

15K views 72 replies 48 participants last post by  HEMI450HP 
#1 ·
Not to be a dick, but what the hell happened to this site? I used to spend hours here. All the oldtimers get ran off? Haven't looked in the 3rd gen forums yet but is that even still active?

#2 ·
I just said the same thing about 20 seconds before I checked 4th gens

#3 ·
It's crazy man

#4 ·
Since moving up to a 4th gen a few years back it seems like this place fell asleep. Maybe the 3rd gens are still active but I don't even get on here to look but every few days sometimes because traffic is so slow.

#5 ·
I go back a search, instead of posting the same topic, most of the time...

#6 ·
I agree, it died off pretty fast...when I had a 3rd gen years ago this site was crazy all the time. Now, I'm not too concerned with logging in just to see 5 new threads about fitting a 33" tire on a stock or leveled RAM.

#7 ·
Same...I rarely check these boards anymore as it seems very few people post.

Of course...the annoying video ads could be part of the problem...

#8 ·
I no longer own a Ram but was here when I had my 3rd Gen. I loved this forum and one of my best friends is a member here. I met him at a local DT meet. Some people may remember me from back in the day but I think it has something to do with Ron selling the site. Someone who owns just 1 and focuses exclusively on it, will do anything to make it work right. I think the people he sold it too may just have their hands full.

#9 ·
a lot the automotive sites seems to be toned down, lately. not just this one.

#10 ·
I was thinking the same thing, bums me out. Is there another Ram forum people have moved to that is more active? I always thought this one the best, but it's really slowed down.

#12 ·
Maybe you guys have answered all the questions----or because they are the "same ole questions", you don't answer them and people don't come back. Traffic on all the forums I go to has reduced. If you think people don't come on the forums, you should try to get a get together going---if your lucky maybe one or two people show up.
Jay

#13 ·
x2 on the FB pages......we have a very active one for the Houston area. It rocks!

I remember when I had my 3rd gen.... there was ALWAYS new threads to check out!!

#14 ·
It's the auto loading of the video advertisements. The site now takes longer and longer to load.

Used to be you could go into and out of various catagories with the only delay being the advertisement banners.

Now, it's so slow waiting on video adds to load it's almost not worth it anymore. And no, it's not my PC, I see the same slow loading speed no matter what computer or network I'm on.

#15 ·
The site downgrade did it in. I haven't seen it like it once was since. All so people can post using their smartphones. :ugh Hopefully the forums will get back to more activity after the summer is over. Another thing i noticed on another forum is there a lot of lookers compared to registered users. 3 to 4 times as many! And only a fraction of registered users post. I think this site should encourage people to join. I should suggest this and see what lame response i get back. If you guys never read the "new site downgrade" thread check it out. Count the # of people displeased with it compared to the old dodge talk. I'm still waiting for the "new and improved site" but don't see it! It's no comparison! The old site was way better! Just try to convince the owners that.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502394

#16 ·
I have to say, I was never extremely active on the 3rd gen forum, but I can remember checking in everyday because there was always so much more going on. I recently bought a 4th gen and my sentiment matches everything said here already. It just seems dead.

#17 ·
To be honest this is my first post in years. I loved DT in the good ol days. But I'm on my third 3rd gen truck it's nothing special anymore. I don't race or mod my truck anymore. And just came here to snoop a bit. Some of the old timers may remember me under my old name of 03ramit1 I was one of the pioneers in the beginning of the cam swaps for the 6.1 cam. Now that I have done more engine upgrades/tear downs than I care to remember it's just not fun anymore.

#18 ·
Hey who knows? Maybe everyone is actually getting outdoors and enjoying their trucks?! :)

#20 ·
I'm still around. Lurking in the darkness....

#35 ·
Try being a Rumble Bee, GTX or Daytona guy.:crying

Rumblebee.org used to be flooded with posts and now it is down to a slow drip, you are lucky to see a post every couple days.

On DT, posts on Daytona's are like spotting a unicorn and the 3rd Gen. posts are not much better.

Very sad.:frown

#22 ·
that just about blows as much as a gen II member as well!

#23 ·
I think im just about out of the racing game too now. I know my truck could hit an 11.99 but im just not gonna take a chance and break something. sucks though I was gonna run at Englishtown nj next month for diesel nationals but decided against it.

#24 ·
I watched the forum everyday when I had my 06 and learned a lot , I sold the the truck and bought a 15 and couldn't wait to come back here and learn about some mods for it , but the high cost of tuning has took the excitement away for some reason , I know there's a lot involved but I'm not dishing out a grand to tune it . If it was about half that I'd would've been first in line

#25 ·
Jay Greene does not charge a grand for tuning.. lol. no more than any 3rd gen custom tune would run

#26 ·
I thought for the 15 I had to buy a tuner and computer with custom tunes that come to a grand , but I'll check with him and find out. Thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.