DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Pay It forward"

3K views 46 replies 5 participants last post by  nlpro 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to do a "Pay it Forward" on a part(s) I got at one of the local Junkyards. I don't know if anyone needs what I will be passing on but I am doing since I have had many unknown people help me with stuff in the past. I will not be charging anyone for the part(s) or shipping. I say "part(s)" because I hope to be able to do this anytime I am lucky enough to run across some hard to find "small" parts since shipping is always the killer, if you guys can think of any hard to find small parts on these trucks let me know so I can keep an eye out for them.

If more then one person needs the part I will draw a name, all I ask is that who ever gets it will really need it and not want to sell it to make some money and to please post a pic of it on your truck in this thread.

Today I will be giving away the "Goat head" I got last week, it has some of the chrome peeling on horn as can be seen in the picture. I will check back Monday to see if any one is interested in it.

The goats head is spoken for, its going to wulk025 . I will have to search my pile to see what I can put up next, open to ideas, have to be light and small to keep shipping cost down:ugh.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude! I need the knobs for the door locks and the knob for the climate control (hot/cold slider) for my 87(black preferred if you find them). Also if you come across any 4x4`s....I need the light socket that plugs into the dash for the 4x4 light and I need a 84 or older switch in the t case that will turn on the 4x4 light.

If you found any of that for me......that would be paying it forward. I'd gladly pay you for the parts and shipping.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I was able to get the knobs for the door locks today and the black knob off the climate control slider today, the ramcharger they had there was missing the dash and drive train.
I have looked at a few trucks for the transfer switch and have not seen one, if you could post a pic of exactly where it goes I might be able to find it.

#3 ·
#4 ·
I will be going Monday to a couple of yards, one just got a 90 2x in that I am going to check for some parts. I will make a list of the parts you listed and see what I can do for you.

#5 ·
Rear wheel center caps too. My truck came without them. Again I'm asking for a bunch of stuff. So give me a cost. I have PayPal.

#8 ·
If you could post a picture of this it would help, I was looking at a 89 1/2 ton today and didn't see this part on the dash so it may be diesel specific:huh:? Maybe I just don't know what I am looking for:ugh.

#12 ·
Will do. I am on my way home now from work. So I'll post up within the next few days.

#13 ·
http://www.autoamenity.com/images/Trim-Ring-on-Jeep-Cherokee-Wheel.jpg

heres basically what they look like. i need the caps for a 5 lugaxle 4.5" center opening on the wheel

i dont care what they look like as long as they arent banged up. i will clean them up and rattle can them.

and thanks for looking. no rush on anything. if you happen to see this stuff, grab it! i appreciate it a ton.

#14 ·
and its raining all weekend. hopefully i can get a picture of what the t case switch position looks like before i get called out to work. i'll try to get it sunday if i remember

#17 ·
I just need the light socket with wires. Thanks man! I didn't get a chance to find the location of the t-case switch over the weekend. And now I'm headed offshore again. When I find some time I'll Google around and see if I can't find you a picture.

#18 ·
Were you able to view my link I posted about the wheel caps? I just noticed there was a smiley face where a link to the picture should have been.

#20 ·
I don't think the bolt pattern matters. It the hole opening is what counts. But to answer your question...,,. Is it 5"x 4.5"? Or 5.5" x 4.5"? Can't remember. The smaller bolt pattern I'm sure

#23 · (Edited)
Check your inbox. Let me know if I owe you anything. Always willing to pay a man for his work.

#24 · (Edited)
Looking for a good condition chrome tailgate handle that is still well attached to the latch actuator. Whole thing, actuator and handle, is needed for my '87 W150. One of the rivets that holds the handle on broke on mine. Let me know if you find one. THANKS!

And if they're still there, the clips that hold the rods in place would be a bonus.

I'll pay too! :)

#34 ·
#36 ·
Sorry for the miscommunication. Ship them. I'll pay you for back for the shipping costs. Make sure you're mailing address is on it somewhere, I'll mail you back a check.

#42 ·
dodgensince74 - Got the gate handle! Goin on asap! THANKS!
Your welcome.

When I did mine I took the latches off and sprayed the heck out of them with some silicone spray, makes one heck of a difference on how easy these gates open.

#43 ·
Got the second package today. Your hand writing is hard to read.....PM your name and address if you'd like me to reimburse you for the shipping charges. Thanks again

#44 ·
Dont worry about it, the total cost of shipping and parts isnt enough to get me a number one at What-a-burger, so i'll build up your tab till i have enough for it:D

#45 ·
Roger that. The climate control knob was the wrong size, matches the rest of the buttons perfectly though. A file and about 10 mins will fix that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.