DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truck wrecked, almost 3K in damages currently!

4K views 65 replies 26 participants last post by  Hell Ride 
#1 ·
So, I'm cruisin down the road, goin the speed limit after turnin from a 4 way stop, when this lady decides to make a u-turn into my back passenger door...

Rear door passenger side and some bed damage...

Their insurance agency is going to try to stick me with my damages because they "got conflicting stories"...DUH!!!!!!!!!!! so, I'm gonna drop it into my agents lap and sick my bull dogs on em...then sit back an watch...LOL

See less See more
#2 ·
Wow! Your truck is pretty much brand new too.. THAT SUCKS! Well good luck and make sure you take it to a good place where they will leave your truck just as good as before.

#3 ·
2 months old...paid the second note 5 days prior...If my insurance agent does it, I will deffinately have it taken to the shop I want...I dont think they will pull the dent...actually, I will make sure that dent in the body aint pulled...

#4 ·
Make sure they replace the body parts where the damage is at. Thats what they did with mine when someone hit me in the side of my bed.

#5 ·
yeah...that is one whole peice they said...the guy I want to take it to is a restoration place...recommended by my personal mechanic...I think he'll do good work...

#6 ·
That sucks Thomas. Hopefully you can get 'er fixed up better than new soon.

#7 ·
If I have my way...it will...and I WILL have my way...LOL in approximately 9 minutes, I will be on the phone talkin to people...

#8 ·
Oh that'll buff out.. :)

Sorry for your accident.. :(

#9 ·
Damn Thomas... I musta missed this in WC... Dude, Im REAL sorry to see that! Just glad nobody was hurt...

Play hell with the insurance companies man!

#10 ·
Dane, everyone's ok, I was the only one in the truck...was headed to work at the time...I've been to my family doctor due to lower back pain since the accident...so, not sure that everyone is just hunky dory...we shall see...

#11 ·
Daytona_Dan said:
Oh that'll buff out.. :)

Sorry for your accident.. :(
You know...I thought the same thing...LOL :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

then the insurance agency told me 2500 dollars in damages...thats when reality set in...that and not being able to move due to my back hurting... :VHOT:

#12 ·
Ok, I just got off the phone with their insurance agency, they took a recorded statement from me. Maybe things will be going smoother now, but I doubt it, I am waiting for my insurance agency to call me back and will check with them for a course of action. Their agency told me that I should have filed a claim with my agency to keep the damages down...they told me that today, instead of 3 days ago...makes a lot of sense...right? LOL

I've got the ball rolling on the medical side as well, due to my doctors visit yesterday, and the follow up next week. I'm hoping this is nothing, as it can really affect my hobbies, but we shall see. will keep everyone updated

#13 ·
Sorry to hear it Thomas. God Speed man!

And DO NOT file it with YOUR insurance company... It will take longer, but Stay on the other parties' company. That way it wont count as a claim on yours..

It sucks it has to be this way, but if you are a Hard-a$$ about it, They will eventually come around!

#15 ·
will count as a claim, but my agency will go after theirs and get the money back...atleast thats my understanding...I am waiting to hear from them, and get more information on this route incase I decide to take it...

hopefully it wont take long...all they need is the accident report, which I am about to call and see if its ready...I'm curious about this too...see what all was written in there...LOL

#16 ·
moparedtn said:
The other partys' insurance company isn't State Farm, is it?
no...they have Allstate...mine is statefarm

#17 ·
Glad no one has major injury. Sorry to see brand new truck damaged but that can be fixed. Just becareful when dealing directly with her insurance company. You shouldn't have made a recorded statement without consoluting with attorney fisrt. I know this stinks but perhaps you may need to look into getting an attorney. Insurance Companies specialize in making sure they reduce the $$$ that they have to pay out.

#19 ·
sugelle said:
I know this stinks but perhaps you may need to look into getting an attorney. Insurance Companies specialize in making sure they reduce the $$$ that they have to pay out.
I agree, or at least talk to someone who has extensive knowledge of the subject matter. Insurance companies are really good at this sort of thing, but if you threaten litigation sometimes they come around.

A few years back my brother was broadsided by a guy who ran a red light, took him all the way through the intersection and into the light pole on the other side. For some odd reason my brother got a ticket for "failure to yeild", so then the guy who hit him's insurance refused to pay for the $6,500 in damages to the car because it was my "brother's fault". My dad got lawyered up, hauled the guy and his insurance company to court, and the judge ruled in favor of my brother since we had witnesses that stated the guy ran the red light, so the judge tore up the ticket and ordered the insurance company to pay up. The guy's insurance FINALLY gave in, get this, after 6 months, and paid for the repairs. That's just food for thought.

#20 ·
Most likely the dent in the cab will be cut out and they will weld in a new cab corner, thats what they did on my 04. Just make sure they coat the backside of the cab corner with sound deadening material comparible to factory material otherwise you will get some road/exhaust noise inside the cab.

Goodluck...

#22 ·
MrMischief said:
Why's it on a tow truck? It looks drivable. Just wondering if there is more then just the body damage. But really, do these trucks just beg to be hit or something? Maybe it's the name, people forget to Dodge and instead Ram.
I was thinking the same, why is it on the tow truck? Man that sucks.

#24 ·
Now days its almost a requirement to take isurance companies to court to get what should be yours. Its even more of a problem when the other party is at fault and their insurance company wants to give you 1/3 of what they something is worth. My accident in my 88 jeep cherokee was a nightmare. The lady that hit me was 100% at fault. My jeep at a BRAND new 4.0L I6 (800 miles on her) and my jeep was totalled. Her insurance company wanted to give me 3200 (KBB said it was worth 3800) claiming that if you had a choice between 2 cars and one had a new engine that you wouldn't want to pay the extra money for the car with the newer engine. They even sent us a check in the mail without us comfirming everything!!! I sent the check back to them saying we will see them in small claims court. All in all I walked away with $5000 after court.

#26 ·
NJDodger said:
Inquiring minds want to know.
truck was towed for a couple reasons...1) liability...if I were to drive away, and something happens to me/the truck/my passengers...their insurance company wouldnt cover it...2) piece of mind...there was damage too close to the wheel for my comfort, and have a fiance and 2 small kids, I would die if anything happend to them. Basically, it was a CYA and a safety factor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.