DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tailgate protector & tonneau cover

218 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Big-JCO 
#1 ·
I know that I have read threads about this before but I can't find any through the search function???

Do most of you guys take the protector off to get the cover to fit the bed? Do they make a smaller protector that fits under a tonneau cover?

My truck is the 2006 Ram 1500

#2 ·
it's not easy, well, it's easy to remove - but leaves large holes/slots in the tailgate. I would think that 99.9% of not 100% of all covers are made with that in mind and allow for the spolier/protector..
Some trucks have it - some don't - so I am sure it's an option - and if it allows for it - then you're fine - but if you need one with it - I'd get it cause those holes are big and ugly when the spoiler is off.

#3 ·
Just bought a cover yesterday, put it on and it won't shut...spoiler can't stay on if the cover is on...

#4 ·
You might be forced to remove it then. You can find a tailgate in a wrecking yard maybe that doesn't have the holes or take it to a shop to have the fill it..
or come up with a chrome trim piece or something across the gate to "cover" the holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.