DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What does the lightning bolt dash light mean?

277K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dcar_roll 
#1 ·
I got a tranny code today, P0700 and also a lightning bolt on the dash. I was driving and the truck went into limp mode where it was basically running but some gauges werent working and pressing the throttle wouldnt do anything so i had to coast into a parking lot and wait 10 minutes until it started again. After that it ran fine and the tranny ran fine. I recently changed the tranny fluid and made sure everything was perfect so i am thinking this lightning bolt is something causing the tranny code to pop.

#2 ·
The lightning bolt is the fly-by-wire TB error. If you're getting the lightning bolt plus the 700-code from the tranny, you may have one or two connectors loose and it's causing communication problems. I'd start there and double check all of the wire harness and grounds on the tranny.

#5 ·
ok thanks guys. Hey i recently grounded my throttle body a few weeks ago, could that be the reason? I also added a sonnax but i checked that last night and it was connected good.

#3 ·
I had the bolt pop up once a couple months after driving it home from the lot, Never found issue, but also never had a problem, it never coming back on either. 3 years later
KOW

#4 ·
my lightning bolt issue was caused by a dirty throttle body, cleaned it up really good and never had the issue again.

#6 ·
I have gotten the lighting bolt several times after my wife drove the truck. No joke. She's banned from driving. The problem I think was happening was she was driving with her foot on the brake and gas at same time, especially when parking. Then she would come home and say something is wrong. Sure enough, the truck will hardly move and no gas until I reset computer and sometimes it's a b**ch to get off. It only came on one time for me when I as was backing the camping and I had my foot on the gas and brake at same time trying to move in real slow, then the lighting bolt showed up. I read this somewhere else also about this safety feature. Maybe this may help.
Also, I just grounded my throttle body a few weeks ago and no lights on, but it does take off a little smoother now.

#9 ·
Had the lightning bolt one time. It was when my battery took a crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.