DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrier Bearing issues

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dieselracer 
#1 ·
It all started when the truck was new... I was backing a trailer and when I got back into the truck and put it in gear there was a Clunk...

I really didnt think much of it, my buddy was with me the other day and heard it and said WTF being a new truck and all. He just bought a 07 CTD on Sat. He called me today and said that his framer has the same noise, took it in and was told that they know its an issue and are expecting a recall soon...

anyone else have this or heard of this?

thank you

#2 ·
no, but i am intrested...

#3 ·
so both your truck and your friends are doing it? i havent noticed anything with mine, other that it can kick pretty hard shifting into Drive, but thats from day 1.

#4 ·
My freinds does not do it... Short Box 2500. One of his Framers Has a truck identical to mine 2500 QC LB 4X4 and his does it. I kinda thought that it was a U Joint. That is the sound that I hear. Like a Clank when you put it in gear...

#5 ·
ITS-A-HEMI said:
My freinds does not do it... Short Box 2500. One of his Framers Has a truck identical to mine 2500 QC LB 4X4 and his does it. I kinda thought that it was a U Joint. That is the sound that I hear. Like a Clank when you put it in gear...
bring the truck a little closer to the keyboard... lol

Honestly as I'm in multiple trucks a day I would consider this as normal, but would really have to experience what your truck is doing for sure. Dodge transmissions do not cushion gear applications as other manufacture's do so there is a harsh engagement and clunk assosciated with that.

My 2¢:)

#6 ·
I have never heard a clunk but my carrier bearing died at about 35,000 miles. I couldn't even idle in gear, had to get it towed to the dealer for warranty repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.