DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mass air flow sensor?

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  hrusso 
#1 ·
Can I get a mass air flow sensor for my 96'dodge ram V8?

#2 ·
No. If it was a ferd, maybe.

#5 ·
My Dodge has either pushed or pulled a few ferds over the years and I have to say that I have loved it every time. There is some satisfaction in towing a nice new ferd with my nice old Dodge.

#6 ·
I always take notice to what cars are stuck on the side of the highways here in PA.

VW's all years
old mitsubishi's
old chevy vehicles
ford vehicles PERIOD

NEVER seen a Dodge yet. well i think i saw a neon once.

Maybe it is just the air in PA to, ya never know

#8 ·
kalen427 said:
Can I get a mass air flow sensor for my 96'dodge ram V8?
Dodge has a MAP sensor "Manifold Air Pressure' instead of a MAF

#10 ·
Fix Or Repair Daily

#14 ·
kalen427 said:
Dodge has a MAP sensor "Manifold Air Pressure' instead of a MAF

what does it do? and were can i get it?
What is a MAP sensor you ask? It stands for Manifold Absolute Pressure. It turns pressure into an electrical output. As pressure increases, the MAP output voltage increases. The higher the voltage the PCM sees, the longer it turns “on” the injectors.

You can find them at your local parts store. Cost between 50 and 75.

#15 ·
of course, you don't need a new one, unless the old one is going out. and if that were the case, it would be throwing codes.

chevy & ford have modified versions of their mass airflow sensors that increase hp and tq slightly, but since dodge runs with a different design, this isn't an option.

#20 ·
how about 'found on road dead'?

#21 ·
Mopar=My Old Pig Ain't Running or Mostly Old Parts And Rust. Ford=First On Race Day or Fastest Object Recordable D***head. I wish our dodges had a MAF instead of Speed density fuel injection. Both Chevy and Ford have MAF, Dodge is always a day late and a dollar short.

#23 ·
BleedDodge said:
Frightened Of Racing Dodges.
That's good one never heard it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.