• nitto terra's lt305-55-20 e load 33.07 tall and 12.60 wide

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • nitto trails 305-55-20 e load 33.39 tall and 12.60 wide

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • nitto terra's 295-60-20 e load 34.45 tall and 12.36 wide

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • nitto trails 295-60-20 e load 34.45 tall and 12.13 wide

Votes: 21 43.8%

Nitto Trail Grapplers or Nitto Terra Grapplers??

32K views 54 replies 28 participants last post by  knotts89 
#1 ·
I am saving now to get one of the 2 tires listed above.. The 2 sizes that i want to run them in are 295/60/20 or 305/55/20 on the stock 05 20" clads..
I was sold on the terra's due to the milage people say they are getting but i have read that people are getting awesome milage out of the trails..After seeing the trails in person that look plain awesome and to me look alot tougher then the terras..If this milage thing is true then i would love to buy these over the terra's..I also read on discount tires review page that some guy with a 2010 ram could not make these fit on the stock 20's but i talked to a member on here that is running the 305-55-20 on the stock 05 20's with no spacers and no problem..So help me decide on which size to go with and which one you would go with..Also if you have these mounted on factory 20's please post pics'..thanks

#2 ·
for me if you arent plannin on takin it off road go with the terras. if you will take it off road then get the trails

#3 ·
I would get the trail's just because the look is well worth it imo!!!

#5 ·
I need some pictures of them mounted on stock wheels of each

#7 ·
thanks

#8 ·
Also i will be mostly be on pave roads more then anything and i do tow a 20ft bass boat alot..I just love the way the trails look on are trucks but i like the terras to just not as much as the trails..However i want the one that will hold up more then 35,000 miles or so

#9 ·
Well so far I have 12,000 miles and they still look new. Thay start with 19/32's with 17 usable and @12,000 they only wore off 2/32's, I too was worried about wear but these have been above expectations, and I do all highway and on road. I'll try to get pics later.

#10 ·
thats what i am wanting to know..Do you notice any power loss with these?? Also i have been reading that the sidewall flex's alot on the trail graps and on the highway can fill uncomfortable..has any of this happen to you

#17 ·
yeah i am sold on the trails, those look sick! I don't want to kick myself if i went with the terras and then a set of trails pull up next to me..Plus the wife likes the trails better to.. I just hope i can get some good miles out of them

#18 · (Edited)
Cn anyone tell me the weight of a 295-60 vs the 305-55 trail grappler.. I am really looking into the 295 for the taller tire as i am wanting a body lift as well and don't want to have to buy tires again when i do so..On the other hand its not that big of a deal cause they look awesome in the 305 range to..So which ever one is lighter and will be less strain on the drive train then this is the one for me..Thanks for the pictures hawk those things look mean

#21 ·
If you're thinking body lift then get the 295's cause i bought the 305's and i'm thinking body lift and wish i went a little bigger!!! Here is mine with 305's but after-market wheels!

Attachments

#20 ·
I guess discount tire..

#25 ·
how much weight difference between the terras and trails of the same size tire???

#26 ·
Here are a few pics of the 295/65/20 with 2" leveling kit: I know you said 295/60/20, but the height is the same.

Attachments

#28 ·
did you notice a power loss?? How r u liking them? and how are the holding up

#29 ·
I've been ruuning 305/55/20 Terras for almost the last 4 years now(summers only) and there's no complaints from me. Theyre toast now and my truck is at 130,000kms so i'd say they lasted atleast 50,000kms if not more. I kept them at around 50psi and the ride was definatley firmer than stock but totally worth it. There was no more road noise compared to stock so that's a big plus. I will replace them next summer with the trails i'm sure but thats only because i wanna try something new. Power wise they definitely feel heavier but gas wise there was no diff between these and my 275/60/20 winter tire and i've been watching every tank km wise since new. The pic attached is the terras on my leveled ram.
oh and by the way, white rams look the best :rck:

Attachments

#30 ·
white rams do look good indeed..thats the color i actually wanted but the silver isn't to bad

#31 ·
I have the Trails and like them but would rather have an AT just not the Terras, I had them and was not pleased. I like the new Cooper AT but the sizes aren't very abundant yet. I just think the Trails look cool but I know it is costing me fuel and I don't need such a meaty tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.