DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Another Hemi engine stall thread. WTH??

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chefred112 
#1 ·
I just bought this truck a couple weeks ago and wondering if I should've left it alone now. It randomly goes dead when I come to a stop. The last 2 times, it has died when I stop and shift into reverse. In Drive, the rpm's will dip down.
So far I've replaced:
Plugs(champion part#570 gapped @ .044)
EGR valve
Intake Air Temp Sensor
PCV
Rmvd & cleaned t-body
Reset PCM. The truck runs smooth and has plenty of power. I don't think it's engine related but I can't say for sure. I've read a million posts about this but I can't find a definite fix. Is there anybody that has had this problem and knows exactly how to fix it?? Or maybe put me on the right path I don't have the money to go back and forth to the dealer, or let them keep it for several days.

#4 ·
Update: I must've been on an incline when I checked the tranny fluid. After you posted that, I moved the truck to a definite flat spot and the fluid was low. I added about 1.25 quarts of fluid in. Knock on wood, hasn't done it at all today. I'll post again if it does. Thanks

#5 ·
You are welcome. In case you didn't know - when the fluid is low the torque converter gets pumped up and wants to stay there putting too much drag for the motor to idle. You also have to check the fluid according to the manual (It has to be warm and cycled through the gears. And I believe running at the time of check).

#7 ·
was gonna suggest the same (trans fluid level)..glad you figured it out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.