DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello ram forum

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bruce1 
#1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum thing and also this is my first truck! My baby is a 2015 ram 1500 outdoorsman! To the point though I see a bunch of ram 1500 around my area in michigan. I'm looking to stand out from the rest though. Any and all ideas would be awesome.
Some of the ideas I have are changing the head lights and tail lights grill and maybe under lights. Looking for good products ideas here's a picture of truck so far!

Fuel rims
35 in tires
2.5 inch rough country Leveling kit
Debadged

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully I did this right lol. Happy new years to everyone!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
welcome and congrats on the truck. good start so far. Appearance mods are so taste specific, it's kinda nice to get everyone else's ideas. I know a lot do light bars and side steps. Consider an exhaust for a stand out sound. Wish I had more ideas but mines not appearance modded very much.

BTW, one must have functional add on, Dee Zee tailgate assist. Best $30 I spent.

#3 ·
was definitely thinking exhaust! The only one I know of is flow master! Any ideas would be great. Also performance was would be helpful as well! I was thinking light bar on the bottom of bumper between the 2 tow hooks! Thanks for the welcome and good luck with your t truck as well @reek

#6 ·
I was going to add tint your front windows but it looks like they're already done.

as for exhausts, my 2014 1500 QC, had a Corsa exhaust. I'm a huge fan of corsa (for years now) - nice raw, clear sound and as advertised, no drone. When you get on the throttle, the sound reminds me of the pre-cat straight pipe small displacement V8's. I know they're on the pricey side, but definitely worth it. If you haven't heard the sound, you need to - in person not on youtube. Probably the biggest thing I miss about selling my 1500.

My 2015 2500 6.4 has the Mufflex/magnaflow set up only because there's not much available yet. moderate drone at 1500-2000 rpm highway speed. Had bad luck with maggies in the past as well with drone, one of the reason I don't mess around anymore and just pony up for the corsas.

I had the Vararam intake, nice for sound but questionable performance unlike the website claims. As well, not a performance bit but nice under hood bling, the billet tech catch can. took both off before I sold the truck, new owner didn't want them. It's too bad the won't fit my 6.4. and finally, I had the diablo tuner to turn off the MDS, didn't do much else though with the tuner before I sold it. But turning off the MDS was well worth it to me.

Like you, I'm also trying to find time to weld up a custom bracket to mount some LED driving lights between my tow hooks too. I'm going with two 7 inch LED bars instead of a single full length only because I have them sitting around from a different aborted project.

have fun!

#4 ·
welcome i search the web for add ons and see what hits me right

#8 ·
Just a heads up with an exhaust, the MDS will make it sound weird. I had the flow master 40 series (very aggressive sound). When I turn my baby on, she was a beast. On the highway. A beast. But when the MDS kicked in, at low speeds or coasting. it didn't sound good.

I had a 2012 ram hemi and I traded it in for a 2016 ram hemi. I will not be installing an exhaust.

Get the tuner. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.