DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1998 Grand Caravan Trans problem

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  shelbydodgeimp 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Need some help here. 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan, 108,000 miles, 3.3 V6 with 4 speed transmission. The other day while driveing low speed in a parking lot, the van began to shudder. After parking said van, the dash lights (odometer, PRND3L) began doing weird things. After that, went to put van in reverse, and no reverse. Had forward gears, but no reverse. Wife drove it home, and I went to back it into the driveway. After trying a few times, it went into reverse, but with a ungodly shudder all the way uo the driveway. Now, it has no reverse whatsoever.

Any ideas, suggestions (besides a block of C4 explosives) of things it might be? I have checked all electrical connections from the battery down, and all are tight. Someone suggested checking the TCM relay, but I could not find it.

:help: :help: :help:

#4 ·
I'd try resetting the control module first. Pull the negative battery cable for five minutes and reconnect. Then take it for a test-drive. If that doesn't help get the trans codes scanned. That should tell you whether it's something external like speed sensors or a solenoid pack (keep your fingers crossed) or if you need a rebuild.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.