DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouch says the wallet

9K views 59 replies 32 participants last post by  DannyMK2 
#1 ·
I normally do ever let my truck get this low but I kept saying I was going to get some fuel and I kept getting distracted...........until the fuel light came on :icon_slap:

Anyway, this is where the pump stopped me automatically and hell, I still had 7 more gallons to go!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch is right!

#3 ·
buy diesel, its worse.... I have to reset the card every time. Its the world we live in now and you would think the debit/credit card companies would figure this out for all "automotive" purchases...

#4 ·
Yeah... I went to visit friends in PA last week, spent $75 for one fill-up of 21 gal! :(

Truck rode well, though. Once I got east of Zanesville, I had to go with Tow-Haul Mode. 5th gear was pretty much useless in the bigger hills, and the truck was nearly empty. Avg. mpg was 17. The trip confuser seems to be pretty accurate in my truck.

#5 ·
whats the gas price down there?!

#6 ·
its 3.03 up here! idt ive had to spend 100 since this summer

#9 ·
Yall's gas is expensive! It's right at $3 a gallon for the cheap stuff. Even 89 octane, 100% no ethanol is only about $3.25.

But it still sucks filling these trucks from E. I try to fill mine up around a 1/2 tank, doesn't sting as bad!

#11 ·
I live near him and gas here in Austell, GA Atlanta area is going for about 3.21 for 87 and about 3.59 for 93.

#12 ·
You think that's bad take a trip north of the 49th. The pumps here are at 1.09/liter which works out to 4.15/gallon, and that's for 87 octane. 4.53/gallon right now for those of us running premium. And that's the lowest it's been in a very long time.

#13 ·
Here in Dayton, OH reg. is about $3.23 for 87. In PA it was $3.59! Diesel was right around the $4.00 mark. The gas prices in OH change on a daily basis though, while my buddy said the PA prices have been pretty stable, but high.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it CHEAPER to produce Diesel than gasoline? :huh:

#14 ·

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it CHEAPER to produce Diesel than gasoline? :huh:
Once upon a time. Then the EPA stepped in and said that American made diesel has to be made and match the diesel that's made in the UK because we sell so much diesel fuel over-seas. So, that means no sulfur and very low paraffin in the fuel. This really screwed things up because the sulfur was the lubrication in the fuel, as well as, helping with the CETANE (octane) rating. So the sulfur has to striped out and then a whole batch of chemicals have to be added to replace the properties of the sulfur. Once upon a time, diesel was almost nothing but a byproduct of making gasoline and really helped the profits of the oil companies. So just like everything else the government touches, it double or triples the cost of making it and cost us more money. With no sulfur in the fuel, your older diesel has to updated (lots of money) to run the new fuel.

:soapbox: ... OK, rate over.

#15 ·
I fill up at the 1/4 tank mark and last week I let it fall to around the 1/8 and it was the first time in months that it didn't go over $80. It is around $3.70 here for 91 and over the summer it was almost a dollar more. I got tired of having to hit the $100 limit so I fill up earlier so I can at least know I have a full tank.

#16 ·
ouch! haha

my truck takes $75 a week and that isn't even filling it up. I think $110 fills it all the way up.

My diesel, at $4.15 a gallon, I'd see $130-150 tanks.

Just think what the big rig guys are feeling. Try filling 200 gallons.

#17 ·
ouch! haha

my truck takes $75 a week and that isn't even filling it up. I think $110 fills it all the way up.

My diesel, at $4.15 a gallon, I'd see $130-150 tanks.

Just think what the big rig guys are feeling. Try filling 200 gallons.
And then imagine getting 5 MPG over a 1000 mile run...

#18 ·
I throw about $75 in my work truck each day I work. We're at about 1.16/L here for premium (about $4.49/gal).

#19 ·
Haha you guys should try buyin fuel up north... 87 oct here in town is 130.9/l around $5.20/gl right now:bawl:

#21 ·
We were close to that earlier this year. Finally went down about a month ago.

#20 ·
hmm......lets stop planning a pipeline..........i do not get it

#22 ·
If I had a CTD, I would be making my own and running bio desiel

#24 ·
I only get $50 at a time, but I only live about 2-3 miles from work & most days its a 5-6 mile round trip...lol

Even if i got to do a few errands, that 5-6 mile round trip might become 15 mile round trip max. I live in a crappy town, but its small (but still has all the fast food places, walmart, kroger, etc...) & everything is within 4-5 miles or less.

#26 ·
Ya I hear ya...

#29 ·
I never let my diesel get below 1/2 tank... And that's about $85 on last visit for Dead Dinosaurs!

But, I wouldn't trade my diesel Dodge for another gas truck, even IF diesel hits $8.00+ a gallon! I'll pay the higher price for diesel, in return going nearly twice the distance per tankful. ;)

It's currently $3.89/gal here in southern Indiana.

#33 ·
the days of me filling my truck up all the way are long gone
i keep it at 1/2 and below
i can't stomach the thought of filling it up, and it gets driven so little, i would rather get it when i need it

it's well over 100 bucks when i used to fill up
93 oct, 34 gal tank
woof

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.