DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil Change Screw up

4K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  cardoctor 
#1 ·
Just had my oil changed Friday and I checked it yesterday and it is about a half quart or less over. Today They will rain to the right level. So I look at all the previous receipts and with the Hemi capacity at 7 qts. here's what I found. First change-5 qts. second change-7 qts. Third change-6 qts. Last change-5 qts. I always check after an oil change so the quantities on the receipt are wrong. I just wonder what is going on with these people and I'm definately going to change companiues. PS. I cant change my own as my condo board won't let anyone work on their vehicles.

#4 ·
fmdog44 said:
Just had my oil changed Friday and I checked it yesterday and it is about a half quart or less over. Today They will rain to the right level. So I look at all the previous receipts and with the Hemi capacity at 7 qts. here's what I found. First change-5 qts. second change-7 qts. Third change-6 qts. Last change-5 qts. I always check after an oil change so the quantities on the receipt are wrong. I just wonder what is going on with these people and I'm definately going to change companiues. PS. I cant change my own as my condo board won't let anyone work on their vehicles.
Find a big parking lot (walmart) and change it there....take your oil to Pep boys or Advance auto parts

#8 ·
starbreaker666 said:
Another reason no one touches my vehicles unless it's a MAJOR MAJOR issue...
thats what im saying!!!
you know how many franchised jiffyluus, etc ask you what kind of oil you want and then the crap comes from the same generic tank????
this is not an urban legend either

#10 ·
One reason I dont go to JiffyLube... I even hesitate taking it to the Dealer. I like to do it my self.

Hopefully, FMDOGG44 can find a place that will service him and his truck right.

#11 ·
10 quarts, I've installed Amsoil remote bypass filter, between the extra for the oil lines and the additional 2 quart filter.
I would have to move if I couldn't work on my own truck. :)

#13 ·
I put the Fram PH8 Oil Filter on my Hemi so it holds just over 7 Quarts, I am the same way most of you guys are and do most of the work myself and try my hardest not to let anyone touch my truck. Even hesitating on taking it to the dealer for warranty
service.

#14 ·
Put a Fram sure drain on your truck and use the Fram filters with the grip on the end and you can sneek out when no one is looking and change your oil in about 10 minutes if not less.

#15 ·
fram sucks

You know guys, I took a preventative maintence course(company paid for it). I work in the oil patch. You know what, Fram are some of the worst filters to buy. Has anyone ever cut a fram filter in half. Fram filter's use horse hair and crappy shi! like that for filtration. The best filters to buy are filters from the dealership(they are okay) or filters from like Donaldson or diesel manufactures(Caterpillar(Finning) or Waterous(Detroit Diesel)). Stuff like that. I buy my filters from Finning(Dad works there). They sell Donaldson, and they are some of the best filters you can buy. I don't know alot but that's just what I learned from this course. It's pretty crazy, this guy who taught the course, he only changes his oil like every 50 000KM's. That is nut's I thought, but you buy good oil and a filter and it will last you forever. Just my thoughts I learned.

#16 ·
My dad is an Amsoil rep... as part of his selling process, we cut up several of the popular filters... I couldn't believe what some were made of. I am particularly fond of Amsoil everything... Amsoil claims (dont quote me on this...) with their 10W40 Synthetic and oil filter, you can run a oil change every 7500 miles, but the insider secret, you can run 15K-20K miles between oilchanges. My dad has been running Amsoil this way in his 00 Neon, he drives 100-200 miles every day for the past 5 years and he hasnt had a problem since.

I said it once and I'll say it again... You get what you pay for.

#17 · (Edited)
The only trouble I have with doing it in parking lots, is with my luck some gal with a carload of kids; on her cell phone does not see my legs stickin out and know I'm a wheelchair owner and she did not have insurance. So now I'm disabled, unemployed, broke from the medical bills and can't drive my Hemi.

#19 ·
You pretty much have to slide in from the front to change the filer and with the Fram Sure Drain, you could just reach your arm back there and connect the hose.

#20 ·
I have used Fram Filters in all my vhicles I have ever owned and never had a problem, but I also changed the filter and oil every 3,000 miles too. But now I am running Full Synthetic and will be changing it every 5,000 miles.

#21 ·
fmdog44 said:
These quick lube places don't really drain all of the oil out. If you ever done it yourself you would know it may take 5 mins to drain. So your probably getting 5 qts of new and 2 qts of old oil.

#22 ·
I used to drop the plug and filter then go in the house for a half hour before filling it back up. You make a good point

#23 ·
I pulled up to a quick lube place and was at the computer giving the guy my info. I look over at this Civic that they are pulling out of the bay and notice it is pissing a trail of oil behind it. They didn't put the drain plug back in. I just started laughing at the guy and pointed at the mess and walked out. They werent touching my truck.

#25 ·
dervari said:
The thing I don't like about AMSOIL is that you either have to pay shipping or find a convenient time to meet up with someone somewhere. I prefer just going to Wally World on my schedule and picking up some M1.
That's the reason I haven't tried it yet. I want to but that would mean planning ahead and ordering the oil before I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.