DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulled the Trigger and got a new truck

7K views 39 replies 20 participants last post by  Noved 
#1 · (Edited)
I will cut to the chase I recently traded in the 11 2500 for a 12 1500 Bighorn Quad Cab 4x4. The truck has Auto dimming rear view and exterior mirrors, Bucket Seats, Floor Shifter, Uconnect, Power Sliding rear window (Thank God the days of reaching over the back seat are over lol), etc. The truck is also sporting the new True Blue Pearl Coat Color which is an awesome color I might add. Oh yeah I almost forgot it has 3.92s as well. Overall I am very happy with the truck and the Power and with that being said since this truck has the Floor shifter it will just make it easy to pull off some shenanigans. :D There I cut down on my wall of text lol.

Below is a couple of things I will be adding to the truck soon see if you guys can guess what they are. :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice! Something I like about that truck...can't put my finger on it. :rck:

#4 ·
nice looking truck!

#6 ·
Thanks

Nice! Something I like about that truck...can't put my finger on it. :rck:
Hehe Thanks

Nice truck! What made you get rid of the 2500?

Mopar CAI and cablights?
Thanks man I sold my gooseneck trailer I did not need anymore and that was really the only reason I purchased the 2500 Hemi. With that gone the weights I am pulling now are about 7-8k or less which this 1500 should have no problem doing.

Good Guesses but cab lights will not be going on this truck. I am thinking about a Mopar CAI but that is not in either of the boxes either.

#7 ·
Thanks King Ram I missed ya on the multi quote lol.

#8 ·
Nice truck.

White box, remote start?
Other one, leveling kit?

#10 ·
Nice truck. Great color choice.

#11 ·
Thanks guys and you are right one of the boxes is a remote start, however the bottom one is not a leveling kit.

#13 ·
Nope not tow mirrors although that might end up being a future mod.

#14 ·
Nice truck ... :) :tup:

#17 ·
#16 ·
Congrats on the new RAM

#18 ·
Ill guess tow hooks or something to help with your shenanigans as you called them. If not, im guessing its got a little weight to it since it has the nylon straps around it. They usually dont use them unless its something that has some weight to it.

#21 ·
It actually is not heavy at all and it is not tow hooks. I will give you all a hint now. What is in the brown box is what people would use towing heavy trailers of say 2.5k or more. It is a factory option that is standard on 2500/3500s SLT and up and available on all 1500s as an option. This factory product however was not available for 2009 Ram 1500s which had owners of that year annoyed somewhat.

Congrats on the Buy!!! Awesome color
Looks nice.
Thanks guys and yes the color is awesome I always had a thing for a blue truck.

#19 ·
Congrats on the Buy!!! Awesome color

#20 ·
Looks nice.

#22 ·
How do you like the qc compared to the cc?

#24 ·
The thing is I wanted a four door truck when I got the 2500 but I never needed the Crew Cab space but the CC was the small four door option. That being said the back seat area is smaller in my new QC and yes I lose those side bins but the QC Flat load floor and under seat storage is awesome. I can lay my straps out in the storage bin and have the bigger ones rolled up and place in the deep pockets on both sides. Now I am not sure if the crew cab had that option but in the Quad Cab its pretty sweet. I can also sleep on the flat floor pull out too so its a win win there too and being 5 ft 7 it is roomy for me on trips. There is ups and downs to both of course but since the truck mostly carries my wife and I or just myself the Quad Cab is perfect.

#23 ·
trailer brake control?

#25 ·
You guessed right it is the Factor Trailer brake control. The remote star and trailer brake control will be installed tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

#26 ·
Congrats, awesome truck!

#27 ·
Thanks man.

#28 ·
Truck is awesome, beautiful color as well.

I gotta ask though, you were one of the "converts" who eventually saw the downsides of the 545RFE in your 2500, why didn't you hold out for a 13 1500 8 speed or check out a 2012 2500 6 speed? Just wondering, though your new truck is really nice!

#29 ·
Thanks for the compliments. The answer to your questions are going to look weird to you but here is my impressions of the 65rfe. The 545rfe was good towing a load up until you hit 3rd to 4th gear range. The 65rfe in the 1500 has the same gear ratios in it but it feels different (I know I am in a lighter truck) but I had my trailer brake installed today and I put the Avenger on the trailer and towed it around to make sure the controller worked. I did not notice it really fall on its face in that 3rd to 4th range. I am trying to find out what they did to it but the 65rfe is improved it is not the 8 speed for sure but it is improved. Unloaded and towing comparing the 1500 545rfe and 65rfe, the 65rfe seems to have a bit better programming despite what I have heard. It is not a OMG this is fantastic improvement but it is enough where I do not feel I need to complain about it anymore.

Sorry for the wall of text Jak but those were my thoughts and experiences in answering your questions.

#33 ·
Thanks Man

#36 ·
Sweet truck, congrats! Nice mods too. I see tow mirrors in your future hehehe
Thanks guys and yep lol Tow mirrors might come if these bubble mirror things suck but hey they were 1.50.

#39 ·
Nice truck!!!!! Let the mods begin...

#40 ·
Thanks man and I need to take a good pic to update my avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.