DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How 2 Shut off Seat Belt Warning?

8K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Mohawk72 
#1 ·
On my last 2007 Ram I had shut off the Seat Belt Warning as I run on a lot of back country woods roads where I have to get out and open a fence and drive through and get out to close the fence.

The seat belt warning just pi$$es me off.

I could shut it off on the 07.

What are the steps for the 2009?

I found it in the 07 owners manual but didn't see it in this new manual.

Thanks in advance.

Mohawk

#2 ·
Try the sequence for the 2007, if its possible its probably the same.....

#5 ·
I believe its get in and close door. plug seat belt in. Turn key on and wait for seat belt light to turn off. Unplug and plug seat belt 3 times within 10 seconds and 4th time leave it plugged in and turn key off. You should hear a chime.

#6 ·
1. pull hood latch underneath dash (below steering wheel)
2. open hood and locate fuse box on right side of engine compartment.
3. find seatbelt chime fuse once box is open, and remove fuse.
4. close hood, problem solved.

or something like that lol

#9 ·
seriously though, i think the night i brought the truck home, i was soo excited i thumbed through the entire manual. Im pretty sure i saw where it said to hook and unhook the seatbelt 3 times like one of the other guys here said but i dont remember the exact sequence.
just get in, shut the door, put your seat belt on, turn the key to the on position, unplug and plug 3 times leaving it in the 4th, then turn the key off. i could be wrong.

#10 ·
It is in your owners manual, page 50.

BeltAlert can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by following these steps:

NOTE: The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position. Chrysler LLC does not recommend deactivating the BeltAlert.

1. With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

BeltAlert can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: Although BeltAlert has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Reminder Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unbuckled.

#11 ·
My memory is pretty good LOL

#13 ·
Glad it worked out for you. I wasn't completely sure my memory was exact. Getting old is a biitch.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.