DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking at a couple 2011's...

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Ramjoe 
#1 ·
Going to look at two 2011's this weekend.

Both are 2011's, but one is a 2500 and the other is a 3500. Both are crew cabs, 4x4, SLT's. Asking price is $34k on each with around 33k miles.

This will be my first diesel. Is there anything that I should look for in particular regarding this model year?

#4 ·
Good luck. With a truck that new, there isnt much to look for as far as problem areas go. I would do what you can to grab a dpf delete and tuner for it asap if you end up getting 1 of them. Stock power and mileage arent great until you get rid of the dpf and put a tune on it.

Out of curiousity, what are you looking to do with your current truck? I am considering stepping back down to half ton, and your truck looks nice in your avatar pic.

#5 ·
Good to know about the DPF and tune. I've seen some variances in prices, anywhere from $300-$1000+. Aren't they all more or less the same thing? I'd hate to go heavy on price when a cheaper and just as reliable solution is available.

As far as my current truck, I was gonna trade it...

Stock:

Lift/Plasti-dip:

Took the running boards off, and removed the plasti-dip from the rims so they're chrome again.

Never really considered selling, but I guess if there was interest.

#6 ·
So I went and checked on the 2500, and loved it so much that I brought it home... but just for the night. Still trying to swing the wife on it, but that shouldn't be an issue because I think she loves it more than I do.

I just have a few questions:

- What size tank comes standard on a 2011 Crew Cab 4x4 Lonestar Edition?
- Standard gears?
- Average mileage on a full-tank of fuel for a stock truck?
- Not sure if this a characteristic of the 6-spd auto or the torque of the Cummins, but when letting off the gas pedal you can feel the truck lurch/lunge when slowing down. This is regardless of whether or not the exhaust brake is on. It's slight, but still noticeable compared to my Hemi. Is this normal?

#7 ·
-Tank should be 34 or 36 gallons...I cant remember which.
-Standard gears are usually 3.73
-Most stock trucks get about 17mpg on the highway on stock tires
-And the surge you are feeling may be because that truck has 4.10's. The higher the gear ratio is, the more evident that sudden braking is going to feel when you let off the pedal.

There might be a sticker in the glove box saying what gear ratio that truck has.

#8 ·
As far as tuners, most everyone agrees that H&S Performance makes the best tuners for the 6.7 Cummins. The choice is basically between their XRT Pro and their MiniMaxx. The Mini Maxx does a few more things than the XRT. The Mini Maxx remains plugged into the OBD port and has electronic guages to moniter engine functions and allows you to switch power levels on the fly. The XRT Pro essentially downloads a tune and you unplug it. I'd look fast as H&S has stopped manufacturing tuners with the emissions delete options. Check out Rollin' Smoke Diesel.

#13 ·
Very nice truck.. Matt. . What kind of truck you want next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.