DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

she crashed my truck again

4K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  CumminsDave 
#1 ·
last night my girl friend said that another truck hit her backing up and took off. glad shes ok but my truck is a lil mess up. i was thinking of puttin on the 06-08 sport front end. what parts do i need for that? i know i need fenders, grill, bumper cover and head lights. what else do i order and from where? anybody know a good website. i know that the chrome bumper and the sport have different brackets.

#7 ·
Stop letting her drive it. The sport bumper and chrome bumper have the same brackets. The sport bumper is just a bumper cover

#11 ·
X2

#10 ·
Sorry to see your truck damaged like that..
The bumper looks more like it got run into a pole.. That seems like odd damage for a truck to have backed into it. Could just be the pic angle or reflection I guess.
Glad your girl is ok though..

#12 ·
yea, me thinks that damage happened from hitting something skinny, like a light pole or a post. hmmm.

#13 ·
Time to get rid of her!

(I mean the truck, right?)

#16 ·
Dont you just hate it when that guy towing the light poles in the parking lot backs into you, i know i do :thatfunny

i will say this, ive rearended a ranch hand bumper on a 3/4 ton HD truck, and my bumper wasnt near that bad, thats a pretty hard hit right there, if somone backing into the truck managed to cause that perfectly straight dent like that, he was flying in reverse

#17 ·
I would not believe her.. it looks more like she ran into a pole. Don't let her drive it anymore.

#18 · (Edited)
it doesnt look like a light pole, the crease is skinny. any light pole that small wouldnt do that kind of damage to the truck. it looks more like it would have to be a serious equipment trailer to do damage like that. or a heavy duty dump trailer. and he hit her pretty damn hard. or she hit him. the OE chrome bumper takes a serious beating. i rear ended someone doing 40mph and my damage wasnt that bad. whoever hit who was moving pretty good.

#19 ·
my bumper after hitting a truck doing 40 with a ranch hand rear bumper

#20 ·
I have a hard time believing she would try and lie about something like that.... lets give her the benefit of the doubt. haha If lets say she somehow did cause the damage herself, It doesn't look like she could have driven into a pole, way to skinny of a crease like has been said. It does look to me like someone towing something like a trailer, misjudged his length and pushed the sharp corner of the trailer or whatever right into his bumper and creased it. Or something like that.... Either way damage is done, so all that can be done now is finding a solution to fix it. To the OP I am just about to order parts for a front end conversion of my own... I am pretty sure im gonna get them from allmoparparts, unless someone has anything bad to say bout them.... who im pretty sure is a sponsor on here, pretty much the best prices i could find through an online store. Im getting all OEM parts and I would give you some part numbers but I already have the sport front end and am ordering the laramie cover and stuff for mine, so unless thats the route you wanna go then all my number will be diff then the ones you want... and pretty much the whole bumper stuff is the only confusing part, headlights and fenders and grille are pretty much straight forward, so sorry. If you do want any part numbers I have I will be glad to share.

#21 ·
LOL....you must really love her.....Someone backed up and hit her....doesn't look like that to me,she hit a pole for sure....how fast was the guy going...40mph that's some shoot....someones pulling your chain...wink wink

#23 ·
She must be a very good girl friend. I think I would let her drive next time you go somewhere, and see what the pucker factor is when your in the passenger seat. ;)

#24 ·
pucker factor...lol I had one of those friday & yesterday, had to slam on the brakes hard.

#25 ·
My WIFE drives my truck....very rarely and only when she has too. A girlfriend....no way....not even fiance. Post some pics when you get her (truck) back together!

#27 ·
I'd believe her ... why would she lie? When you lie the truth always comes out and bites you in our assets.

:imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.