DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Factory Wiring Color Codes...?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  MeanThree18 
#1 ·
OK, So I bought a 92 Dakota. It had a POS Pioneer CD player from 95 in it. Total junkbox. I have a nice Alpine I am puttin in it. I tear into it, just to realize that the prior Nazi owner had it HARD WIRED in :VHOT: . They didn't use a harness!
Not the end of the world. But back in 95 I guess Pioneer didn't use the standardize color codes on their headunits so I have no clue what wire goes where. The Power, Ground, and Constant I got.

But it's got four odd color'd wires (Green with a red runner etc.) and four wires that I know (Green, Green with Black, Grey, Grey with Black)

I am going to just assume all is normal and try to find the other 2 speakers out...

I know that the Greens are Rear Left and the Greys are Front Right

Should I just assume that the other 4 are for the Right Rear and Front Left?

If someone knows the speaker wire colors, I'd love to have em. The other questions is what color is the Dimmer Line? The Pioneer deck wasn't dimmable, my non ghetto Alpine is.

See less See more
#3 ·
I was just about to post...

With my trusty Volt Meter, I was able to get it all figured out. I got it all wired in perfectly, sounds a million times beter! Now all I need is some components and subs... Oh yea and a coupla amps too.. Damn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.