DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GOT RAM....GOT RAMMED today...

2K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  57HEMImag 
#1 ·
2 mis-haps within 3 hours. tranny goes and this...I copied this from the driveline forum...I know, I know i'm lazy but I'm kinda sore.

-Well....went to the trans shop and they supposdly couldn't pull any codes or even determine if the trans computer was working. So I pull outta the shop and low and behold 2 hours later....my tranny takes a dump.

- It's odd. it wont go past 2nd and you sort of have to power brake or load up the torque conv. to even get it to move from a dead stop. I think i'm having tranny pump or torque conv. issues.

- GUESS WHAT....doesn't end there....I was limping it back to the dealership to have them cure the issue under warranty.....and some jerk off t-boned me while I was going through the intersection. estimated speed was at least 35 MPH I have no estimate yet but. All suspension,4x4 and linkage on the pass. front has to be replaced. My wheel assembly was broken off. A-arm bent, tie rods all sheared off, wheel has a good chunk out of it. I should hear by Monday on my claim. I will need pass. side front quarter, front bumper and rumble bee chin spoiler replaced.

#2 ·
wow, talk about bad luck. Hope everything works out ok.

#3 ·
That totally sucks. :mad: :VHOT: :mad: :VHOT:

#5 ·
maybe you wont eveb need to worry about that tranny anymore

#6 ·
byrdawg13 said:
maybe you wont eveb need to worry about that tranny anymore
There's always one that looks for the silver lining... lol

Sorry about your troubles man... hope the insurance company works on your side to get everyhting you need... even a new tranny. :)

#7 ·
Well, hopefully now you can become HEMI™ powered!

#8 ·
talk about bad luck. Hope everything works out ok for ya

#9 ·
I think that tranny was damaged in the accident. That Bozo's insurance should replace it.

#10 ·
Oh man, I thought my morning sucked... I was on the highway and I got hit by first a huge cardboard box and then 30 seconds later a 5 gallon bucket as they flew out of the back of what I assume was some dumbass *******'s truck.

Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope you're OK. 35MPH is a pretty nasty wreck. I also hope you don't have any problems w/ Police reports or Insurance companies. Good luck w/ everything.

#11 ·
Hope he did not tear the trans up.... LOL

Guess it will be a liitle expensive for him

#12 ·
The important part is that you did not get hurt, Dodge makes new Rams everyday ;)

#13 ·
jvondauber said:
The important part is that you did not get hurt, Dodge makes new Rams everyday ;)

thanks mom. haha just messing... you are correct though

#14 ·
GOT RAM said:
2 mis-haps within 3 hours. tranny goes and this...I copied this from the driveline forum...I know, I know i'm lazy but I'm kinda sore.

-Well....went to the trans shop and they supposdly couldn't pull any codes or even determine if the trans computer was working. So I pull outta the shop and low and behold 2 hours later....my tranny takes a dump.

- It's odd. it wont go past 2nd and you sort of have to power brake or load up the torque conv. to even get it to move from a dead stop. I think i'm having tranny pump or torque conv. issues.

- GUESS WHAT....doesn't end there....I was limping it back to the dealership to have them cure the issue under warranty.....and some jerk off t-boned me while I was going through the intersection. estimated speed was at least 35 MPH I have no estimate yet but. All suspension,4x4 and linkage on the pass. front has to be replaced. My wheel assembly was broken off. A-arm bent, tie rods all sheared off, wheel has a good chunk out of it. I should hear by Monday on my claim. I will need pass. side front quarter, front bumper and rumble bee chin spoiler replaced.

Could it have been the blower that caused the premature tranny part failure?

I know you were pushing some nasty boost, especially in that one video I saw you post...

I'm sure the beast tore ass like no other, but the tranny probably was taking a dump each time you nailed the go-pedal.

But like it's been said up above, now you get to have it all replaced under an insurance claim.... HIS insurance claim :D

Good luck man!

--Setherial

#15 ·
Haha thanks guys...

The insurance battle began this morning. So far my corner is ahead. He even said he was stoppd at the light! He must have really gunned it off the line to nail me. I'll post some insurance pics when I get some.

- The tranny issue is a whole diff. ball park. I dont think it's the whole tranny. It's in the bell housing I'm sure either my tranny pump and or selenoid went. It felt like the torque conv. isn't locking up at all which would lead me to beleive she's not getting fluid.

- I have been looking at selling now. I think my old man might take it. I've been playing with a few options..a reg. cab dakota R/T is for sale 40K miles & 2001, I'd strip my blower for that truck. Or something like a Hemi or an SRT-10. I just dont like the new body styles thats all. It'd have to be an 05 or older. If it were the Hemi this time I'll be going with an STS turbo.

#16 ·
My parents 99 Diesel ram did the same thing where it wouldnt shift out of first gear and then eventually it would shift to second .... it was a speed sensor .. maybe your speed sensor is going bad and the computer puts it in Limp mode .. Just a thought.
Sorry to hear about your truck to .... that totally sucks ...Hope everything works out for you.

#17 ·
Pics Update

well here she is in all her glory, limpin' on 3 legs. Just got done battling MY OWN insurance company for who lies at fault. Luckily the Manager had a more clear head of whats going on then the adjuster and the other driver was found to be at fault. Thats 1 down with 3 to go. His insurance and traffic court. His has already stated they will pay so I'm not too concerned at all. At any rate here they are...

Attachments

#20 ·
Looks like the Delorean from Back to the Future after he installed the Mr. Fusion.
(Speaking of which, if you do have a Mr. Fusion, that would probably be the source of your tranny problems, especially if you didn't upgrade your flux capacitor.)

#21 ·
What's all that white stuff all over your truck!?

#22 ·
As someone else mentioned... it's a good chance that the Trans was damaged when you got hit.

Did you hear any funny noises in the drivetrain after you were hit? I'm sure you did.... Make sure you have a Trans Tech go through it while they do the body work. :p

#23 ·
ouch dude!! sorry to hear that! I'll bet your neck is killing you!! ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.