DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifting a neon?

10K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  metallicaman915 
#1 ·
Well I want to lift my neon, not like a foot or anything, just 1-3 inches, mainly since the bumps here are from hell and my bumper is scratched the hell up, also when snow comes around, there tends to be rockhard drifts on sidestreets and I have a feeling those will have a bad effect on my bumper.

Basically how can I lift my neon, Ive found nothing on google about lift kits, (98 neon lift kit finds dodgeram lift kits and neon lowering kits.)

#2 ·
screw that! if you are going to lift it do it like no other!!! Lift it good and put some sweet tires on it! that would be badass!!!

#3 ·
I put RAJ and lrl1990 together to make this

Attachments

#5 ·
Just use stock 2nd gen struts and springs should be good enough for almost a 2" lift. Don't know if it will provide for a taller tire though. My 175/80R14 snow tires (on stock 14" steelies) need a 3mm spacer in the rear to avoid rubbing on the spring perch on 1st gen Koni's. The part where they attach to the spindle is a different width as well. Pretty sure that the 2nd gen is wider, so you'd have to either make/use spacers or just pick up spare 2nd gen spindles from a salvage yard. Then the 1st gen axles won't fit in 2nd gen hubs... different spline count in the hub IIRC. Pretty sure you can swap over mtx axles, but I don't know about atx.

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.