DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

leaking oil

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  LB3711 
#1 ·
ok 99 stratus with a 2.4 liter. started leaking oil slowly now its leaking about 1 quart every thirty miles. only leaks a lot when its warm. its leaking out between the engine and the transmission. dont know what it is. oil pan was a little loose but i fixed that and it still leaks. not the head gasket. any suggestions thanks

#2 ·
could be the rear seal on the engine leaking. good luck

#3 ·
Rear Main seal! I just did one on my 98 Neon. It's tuff to get to but it was easy to change. Im sure you will have to remove your axles so you should buy the new axle seals when you get the rear main seal, Or you may be pulling them back off in a day or so to do them! Good luck!

#4 · (Edited)
head gasket. the leak is from the oil passage on the back of the engine towards the trans. me and my dad replaced the one on my car in march.go to the dealer and get the head set with the steel head gasket. make sure you line up the timing marks correctly on the block and the two cams. its a pain in the ass to line them up. oh sorry i didnt read the post verry well, are you positive it isnt a hg? we needed to use leak detecting dye to find out what it was. cant see the leak from the top.

Attachments

#5 ·
clean the engine down and see where its coming from. it could be a headgasket. it just might be running down the side of the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.