DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Small block to big block booster change without the big block

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  volaredon 
#1 ·
Does anyone know I'd there is any difference in brake booster vacume strength between a w150 small block booster and a w250 big block booster? In anticipation for changing to a big block in the future, when my smallblock booster went, I swapped the master cyl and booster for a w250 383 setup. Is vacume vacume as far as the booster is conserned?

I had some issues initially when I put the bigblock booster in where the brakes were dragging. But I was given I defective booster.... I am waiting for the new one to come in, but now I'm thinking that it might be a vacume issue other than a defective booster.... Maybe it's a more powerful one? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
-Joe

#5 ·
My trucks got a BB booster stock and it has a small block, so it should work.

#6 ·
alot of 4X4 trucks and 3/4-1-ton trucks got them regardless of engine.
My 83 D 250 has the small one with a 318, my kid's 89 RC has the big one with a 360; I notice little difference in braking "power" between them. the 3/4 ton has 12" rear brakes, the RC has 11s which I think has as much to do with any difference in braking as anything; though they feel "the same" to me; the only time I ever felt I had inadequate braking was when I borrowed a buddys car trailer with no trailer brakes..... though my 3/4 ton has a "brake box" the trailer has no brakes TO control.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.