DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Job

6K views 52 replies 9 participants last post by  JonRoc 
#1 ·
Thanks to a member on another forum I was able to clean up my front end of my truck. Was given a grille an lower valence, really think it made the truck look much better. Anyway heres a few pics

Pic 1 is before
Pic 2 is after

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Oh yea, forgot about the 4th gens having coils front & rear. I'll try them where you have yours & measure the drop, then a few days later maybe try them an inch or 2 or so closer to the edge & measure that & see if the ride changes as well.

#31 ·
take fat overload off?

#33 ·
LOL I love how a nose job went to Spring clamps.

As for the nose job. Looks good. but then again..

As for the spring clamps, I ran them for about 3 years. Double check them from time to time. One of mine came off, somewhere....

#34 ·
Thankyou Voodoo:) yours looks good too! Maybe I should get some of the polished flower pedals an get my upper bumper bad paint it will look really stock. To bad I don't have power options tho:ugh

#35 ·
Ya the 20 look good but for most of it's life it ran 17's.

the 3rd was about 3 weeks after i got her..

the last one is what she is sporting setting in Storage :ugh

Attachments

#37 ·
if you put shit in the bed

#39 · (Edited)
So what's the benefit of removing it then on a truck with a flip? Yes, removing it on a truck without a flip will net you the thickness of the overload itself. That's why a lot of people remove it when they add shackles and still aren't leveled out in the rear. Keeping the overloads and clamping them to the leaf pack helps with axle wrap.

I tried putting them on today but I waited too long & it got dark on me. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I found out my leafs aren't lined up perfectly. I could pretty easily hammer the u bolt part of the clamp on. But since the leafs aren't aligned perfect, it spread out the u bolt & its like a couple centimeters too wide & won't fit in the holes on the plate.

So I got a clamp & hopefully that will compress the threads of the u bolt enough so I can get it to align with the holes in the plate. Or if it comes to it, maybe drill the holes a little bigger.

Figured I'd try that before taking anything apart.
Try to clamp above the threads as much a possible. You might damaged them and make it a booger to start the nuts.

#38 ·
I tried putting them on today but I waited too long & it got dark on me. I'm gonna try again tomorrow. I found out my leafs aren't lined up perfectly. I could pretty easily hammer the u bolt part of the clamp on. But since the leafs aren't aligned perfect, it spread out the u bolt & its like a couple centimeters too wide & won't fit in the holes on the plate.

So I got a clamp & hopefully that will compress the threads of the u bolt enough so I can get it to align with the holes in the plate. Or if it comes to it, maybe drill the holes a little bigger.

Figured I'd try that before taking anything apart.

#43 ·
Do not redrill the plate to make a larger hole. the leaf springs u bolts will fit, I mean you took them out from there right? just try to bend them in a little, if you have to, wrap the threads with a rag and put in a vice and bend em just enough.

#40 ·
Will do. I know its gonna be a pain threading those nuts on there, not much room to work with.

#44 ·
Im torn between what I want to do next to it, should have some new shoes soon but dont know if i wanna lower it more or do something on the performance side. The truck does some minor issues that need addressing first, after that maybe some nice long tubes.. Maybe spindals..:ugh

#46 ·
idk if you took a pic when your truck had a load in it or not but the overload seems close to the other leafs, maybe its just the pic but min seemed to have quite a bit more gap

#48 ·
No load in my bed when I took the pics. I may try to realign them. I'm thinking I won't gain as much drop, cause the overload pretty close as is. I went & got a clamp & gonna try that, with a rag on the threads to not mess them up.

What kind of wheels are you considering?

#50 ·
I'm gonna try to put them on in a few minutes. Would hand tightening the bolts with a wrench be ok or do I have to tighten them with an air tool?

Might be a dumb question..I apologize..lol

#51 ·
i crank mine down and double nut em

#53 ·
I tried but i failed miserably...lol I think I'm gonna have to take it all off & realign the leafs so the holes on the plate will line up with the u bolt threads. I beat, clamped & hammered everything in sight. Lots of crap in the way like the tire & gas tank, couldn't find a good angle to clamp it at or to get a good enough hammer swing.

I think I'll have to take it to my exhaust guy & let him put it on the lift & take it all apart & realign the leafs. But by then I dunno if all that work will be worth a 1/2" or less of a drop.

I can barely get under the truck on the ground & I don't see a way I can clamp and or hammer it enough to realign the leafs or to clamp the threads closer together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.