DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Spot Mirrors???

6K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  MegaCabMan 
#1 ·
Hello, I realize this is an odd question, but I'm wondering if I can get any advice/thoughts/experience on adding blind spot(convex) mirrors to your door's mirrors(especialy driver's side)??? I've got a new '07 Ram QC, and I'd like an add-on that's functional but does not look trashy. Thoughts??

#2 ·
get the tow mirrors, those are awesome and I would never have my dodge any other way

#3 ·
I have them on both sides...about 2" dia. and they work great. They have saved me from accidents plenty of times. I have them on both of my trucks and wouldn't be without them.

#4 ·
There are three different kinds, fixed, swivel, and rotates. I had a swivel before but now I have the one rotates, and I like it better.

#5 ·
I added the 2.5inch x 3inch rectangle peel and stick to my O.E. mirrors. They look stock and work amazingly. See Pictures.

Attachments

#7 ·
you can get the squared or round ones pretty cheap at walmart or any auto parts place lie Discount/Advanced or Autozone

#8 ·
I have the round add ons (i think they are 3.5" in diameter). They might be "trashy" (take up about 1/4 of the mirror) but I love them. They definitely help in seeing and have probably saved me a few times. Also they make backing in the truck into parking spaces really easy. I don't think I'll own a car/truck without putting those on. They were only like 3-4 bucks a pop. Worth it in my opinion.

#9 ·
I've always used the rectangular "stick-on" style that attach right to the reflective area on the mirror. I was looking for some more stock looking that attach to the mirror's black housing somehow. My father has a set for his F150, and the look real nice. However, can't seem to find any for my Ram.
Thanks!

#13 ·
I've been through a few styles. The ones I like the best are squareish with one rounded corner. Dont' recall where I got them but I've seen them at pep boys, autozones and walmarts for about $2-$3 each.
I don't think they look trashy as such, they almost have an oem look, but if they were made different I'd much rather have them mounted in the upper outside corners. As they are, they mount and function best in the lower outside corners of the mirror glass

Attachments

#14 ·
I think you're looking for a specific style of stock mirror that Dodge does not offer. That two part ford mirror does work well but we don't have anything like that other then the large tow mirrors which are $300+ at the dealer, cheaper on ebay.
These guys have a bunch of different products http://www.cipausa.com/

#19 ·
Love my tow mirrors...after I saw them it's them I wouldn't even look at a truck unless it had them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.