DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need someone who knows 1970's Dodge Conversion Vans

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Ram3500Dually 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this website and as my name says--I'm an author. I'm here because within the next year I'm thinking about writing a true crime book. And one of the elements of the crime happens to be a 1970's era Dodge B-series van. So, I'm looking for someone who can help me with the multitude of questions I have about these vans. The person should have knowledge of production numbers, styles, customizing, etc., along with aftermarket companies that provided for these vehicles.

That's all I can say about the project at this point because I don't want to put too much out into the public realm. But if you think you can help, you can email me on here and I will gladly give you more details about the project.

By the way, I'm a bit of a "car guy" and worked in a car dealership many years ago. So I hope that'll make our conversation easier. But I really don't know much about 70's B-series vans as I was just a kid at the time.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi, I'm new to this website and as my name says--I'm an author. I'm here because within the next year I'm thinking about writing a true crime book. And one of the elements of the crime happens to be a 1970's era Dodge B-series van. So, I'm looking for someone who can help me with the multitude of questions I have about these vans. The person should have knowledge of production numbers, styles, customizing, etc., along with aftermarket companies that provided for these vehicles.

What form of compensation are you offering for those here that will be doing your research work for you?

#4 ·
#6 ·
I'm sorry but I can't afford to pay anyone to do any research, including myself. This is a passion project for me in the hopes of figuring out what happened in a missing persons case 30 years ago. I'm hoping to find someone who is kind of a guru on Dodge vans so I can pick his/her brain. Because I believe a main key to the case is tracking down a certain vehicle.

Yes, I've Googled quite a bit about customized vans from the 70's. And I've looked at a lot of pictures and read tons of articles. But that's not taking me in the direction I need to go. I need someone who can answer my specific questions--if they, in fact, can be answered.

#8 ·
I'm sorry, I wish it was it that simple. But this is as much an investigation as anything else. It would be like a screenwriter revealing the end to this movie. Like I said, I'm willing to reveal everything about the case through email. But I can't let all the information out here in the public arena for everyone--including the kidnapper(s)--to see. This is big deal, important stuff. The police have tried, private investigators have tired, and still no solution to the case in 30 years.

Contact me through the email system on here and I'll gladly speak to anyone about the incident. As long as the information doesn't make its way back onto the public thread. That's the best I can do. But I appreciate the interest, nonetheless.

#9 ·
OK, fair enough.

BUT ... I must be confused. In your original post, you mention writing a true crime story. But, in your follow-up replies, it sounds as if you're investigating a case from 30 years ago? Or, is it a bit of both: writing the story to investigate & hopefully solve a real case?

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"It's a door that never closes" __ Keith Anderson __ 'I Still Miss You'

#10 ·
You should have said nothing about a book. Asked your questions and no one would know the difference. I doubt we are going to answer any questions that the police haven't figured out in 30 years. That's if this is a true story. And why would you take our advice rather than find it out for yourself. Sorry but this sounds as crazy as the guy who started a internet fund to help him finance his vehicle build and wanted us to contribute. Best of luck with your book.

#11 · (Edited)
Go to www.vanning.com and ask questions about any 70's series Dodge. Don't spill the beans like you did here and tell them what you are doing with the information. ANY question you can ask will be answered there.

#12 ·
I could probably answer the majority of your questions about the van but I don't have the time to be bouncing back and forth with emails. I have been building custom vans since the mid 70's and also worked for Chrysler in the plant that built the Dodge van back in the 70's

Attachments

#14 ·
Correct, I forgot the g spot :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.