DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hi new here have a 1994 b250 ram

938 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  sparkzz 
#1 ·
any ideas the dodge ram van i bought has no back up lights and i carnt see any loose wires either so when backing up its a gamble ..how can i find which wires power these lights i could peel of the harness tape to see the bunch but i know idea which color to look for thanks or why the back up lights had been removed ..but there are ..blue flashing lights fitted in place on a separate circuit :nono:huh:

#2 · (Edited)
Ordinarily that's a function of the neutral safety switch on the transmission. There's a 3 wire plug that plugs into a sensor on the transmission. At any rate, if you open your rear cargo doors, and look on the left side you will find the wires for the tail lights. I think the purple wire with the black stripe is power for the backup lights. There is a detent(gap) on the "rooster comb" inside the transmission, activated by the shift lever when in reverse, that allows the NSS to send power to the backup lights. You could also have a linkage adjustment problem. It's a pretty screwy way to activate backup lights, IMHO. I have a problem with mine, and think it's the rooster comb inside the transmission - something I'll deal with when I have time. Presently, I have a little 12v buzzer wired to the purple/black wire, and the black ground wire, so I jiggle the gearshift and when the buzzer is on, I know the backup lights are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.