DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone cammed a 4x4 5.2?

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  purdueranger 
#1 ·
I have a 96 ex. cab 4x4/ 3"susp and 35"tires.
going up hills lugs the engine, is there any other way to re-direct my power curve? :help:

#2 ·
96Dodgm said:
I have a 96 ex. cab 4x4/ 3"susp and 35"tires.
going up hills lugs the engine, is there any other way to re-direct my power curve? :help:
What gears do you have? If it's 3.55's that's your problem. I have a cam for my truck but I have not put it in yet. I'm waiting to do it after my smog check in March. Also the MPI manifold will go in at the same time. I just put 4.56's in the rear of my truck, big difference. I'm waiting to get all of the parts to completely rebuild D44. When I'm finished I will post within the next month for the front end mods.

#3 ·
Thanks. Blew out the rear end last week. Will hopefully get it fixed soon. Bought 4.56 gears to replace the 3.55 front and back. Am also putting in a Auborn Gear LSD. Will post info on how it does when I get done. Wish me luck.

#5 ·
the gears made a HUGE difference. the truck drives so easy. It is like the truck accelerates with greater ease. On the highway i can run about 65mph @ 2000rpm. the speedometer is way off. I was hoping my 1st gear would feel slot stronger, but now it wraps the rpms out really fast. 2nd gear and 3rd gear are stronger than stock.
i would recommend gears to anyone

#6 ·
I put the R/T Magnum cam in my 5.2 4x4 about 2 months ago, along with the MP1 Intake, and Magnum R/T heads. I mainly notice a power increase from 3500 to 4500 RPM. Kinda hurt my low end, but its nice to have a decent top end now ;) . I could probally use some 4.56 gears.

#7 ·
What is the Lobe seperation on your r/t cam. I have heard that the lower the lobe degree #. the rougher it idles and "cams"

#8 ·
The center line on the r/t 109 degrees with an over lap of 55, but I am not sure if that center line is the exhaust or intake lobe. So I'm not sure of the actual lobe separation, since lobe separation is intake center line minus the exhaust center line divided by 2, but I'm guessing its probably a bit higher than 109. Idle is a bit rougher than stock, but not excessively. Idles pretty smooth to me anyways :D

Gamester

#9 ·
i want my truck to chop

#10 ·
KRC 210x is awesome. i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.