DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soon to cammed.

805 views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  05hemiregcab 
#1 ·
Just sent payment for a sidewinder cam, now I have to save up for instal parts. Will I need new head gaskets?, my truck has 14000 kms or 8500 miles on it. I need to put some home speakers and powered sub on craigslist for the springs and rods, and what ever else I will need. I got a good deal, 250 shipped, hope it comes and not another pay pal horror story, but you have to trust people if you want parts cheap.

#2 ·
sounds like a damn good deal on the cam. Guess I will have to start using craigslist, I want to put a sidewinder in a rc and see what it will do! Unless you pull the heads for the spring swap (easier, but not neccessary) You will not need the head gaskets.

Just cam and crank bolts
16 6.1 exhaust springs
8 6.1 exhaust pushrods
8 6.1 intake pushrods
oil and coolant
and some specialty tools and you will be good!

#4 ·
:rck::cheerl: i am very jealous right now :) i cant wait till i get ready for my 210x swap :D

randy runs the sidewinder and dam his heavy truck moves:rck::tup:

#10 ·
Talked again to Nacho, he does still have that 210 cam for sale

#7 ·
i dont think runnin a cam like that a SC is a good idea ur gonna need a wide band to get a good tune and get the most out of the cam (just tellin what i have been told from doin my homework )

#6 ·
again thanks for the heads up on the cam. Hopefully I can push the sidewinder in a rc and see what it can do?

#8 ·
coley I think he was asking whether or not your 210x would run on superchips. We know that the sidewinder will run with superchips only, and will run good 30rwhp and 15+rwtq. But will benifit also from a good tune. So its in the middle.

#9 ·
$250 -Sweet deal. If you use the special tool spring compressor the springs and cam can be swapped without removal of the head intake etc. that saves some coin on gaskets. But if you pull the heads you should replace the gaskets, head bolts etc.

#14 ·
Might be missing someting but the only 210x I see on their site is:
KRC 210X
210/220-512/512 110 Hot street/strip cam for the 318/360 ???
don't see an 210x for the 5.7 hemi

#19 ·
When you say higher rpm band, what are you talking about? Seems by your dynos that the sidewinder pulled good to your 61-6200 after the tune. Fell off a little without a tune but still and nice upgrader over stock!

So the lsa is going to after where the power comes on? 117 (6.1) is straight 35-4krpm and beyound? Anything with that lsa would be the same power cam? 114-115. power comes on around 3k or so?

I am not fully understanding how the lsa moves the powerband around. I understand the lift and duration, ramp rates are cam/ grinder specific. But lsa is what gets me. Thanks for the explanation

#20 ·
I think the smaller the las the more the power band moves up.
but it's also a lot about how the pcm, tuning and possible other mods all work together. Hard for me to tell to really guess well just from cam specs

When you look my sidewinder dyno sheets that just demonstrates how bad the stock (mds in my case) cam was about not having any top end power. That's part of the reason the torque cams still work so well - they still have oodles more top end than stock and you spend more track time in the mid rpms than at the the highest rpms.

#21 ·
Well I got the cam today, when I got home it was sitting on the front porch. I have not taken it all the way out of the package yet, but I did open it up a little and it says sidewinder on the end of it. I tried looking on the vendors sites here but could not find the instal package, does anyone know the price from Moe's or Inertia or Sharadon? I have found a kit for 160 but I would like to support our guys first if the price is close. The kit has the head gaskets, pushrods, valve springs, and cam bolt. Any info would be great, I am stoked about getting this in my truck.

#22 ·
interia has one for about the same price. Just post up in their section.

#23 ·
Most anyplace can put together the package including a dealership.
If you are doing a head_on spring swap you wouldn't need head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, head bolts possibly intake gaskets... Might or might offset the cost of the miller spring tool. then you could always sell the spring tool when you are done and recover a fair portion of the tool cost

#25 ·
its recommended I think, but not completely necessary? I would do it for the extra insurance since it comes with the kit and the head bolts are probably 20 at most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.