Issue that I've never seen; need some DT help! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 2nd Gen (04 - 09) Forums > 2G Dodge Durango - Interior/Exterior

Closed Thread

zirai10

Issue that I've never seen; need some DT help! - Posted: 02-14-2013, 04:38 AM
Word to your Mother!
City: Naptown
State: IN
Post #1

Good morning fellas...

So, truck start up this morning without issue and I start my 4 mile commute into work. As I'm driving, 'DING', ABS light pops on. I test the brakes, nothing wrong. 'DING', parking light pops on...I reach down and make sure the brake is released which it is and truck still driving normal........'DING' CEL pops on followed by my airbag light......shit is getting weird, yet the truck is driving completely normal.

So I'm paying attention on only cruising at about 30 mph and notice that my speedometer is stuck at dead nuts 50mph? The next thing I notice is that odometer isn't moving up on my 4 mile drive. It's still the same 116,990 that it read when I left the house. Fuel shows exactly half full, and I know I'm about 3/4 full and the temp gauge is reading dead nuts half way, which normally it sits a little under the half point. Tachometer is the only thing working properly on the gauge cluster?

I'm at work now, so I'll have to try and diagnose later today, but I wanted to check and see if anyone has ever ran into something like this....2005 5.7 SLT.

Thanks gentlemen....

EDIT: Did the 'ol key trick and it's throwing U1120 (lost wheel distance message) and P0571 (brake switch 1 performance)...............any thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!
-Superchips 3865
-DIY Mamba
-Muffler Chop...Straight piped from Cat-back
-Resonator Chop
-Debadged
-07-08 Ram 20" Plasti-Dipped
- 305/50/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's

Last edited by zirai10 : 02-14-2013 at 06:45 AM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

zirai10

Posted: 02-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Word to your Mother!
Post #2

Cleared the codes yesterday and everything has been normal. No lights and everything working properly....for now.

Good day today as I received my warranty letter in the mail from Chrysler for lifetime warranty on the fuel tank check valve and can FINALLY get it replaced for free!
-Superchips 3865
-DIY Mamba
-Resonator Chop
-Debadged

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Crazycalvin

Posted: 02-15-2013, 12:42 PM
City: Irmo
State: SC
View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #3

Not to hijack the thread, but what kind of issue did you have that you got a lifetime warranty on your fuel tank check valve?

zirai10

Posted: 02-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Word to your Mother!
Post #4

When leaving the gas nozzle on auto, when the tank filled up, the check valve wouldn't close and would spew gas EVERYWHERE!!! Same issue that tons of the Durangos 2004-2006 have had. The recalled some of them, and when I was attempting to get mine covered, they kept telling me my VIN wasn't covered under the recall. A shit ton of videos and letters sent to Chrysler, and they finally ripped off that letter to me!
-Superchips 3865
-DIY Mamba
-Resonator Chop
-Debadged

Crazycalvin

Posted: 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM
City: Irmo
State: SC
View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #5

Thanks for the information.

Superdurango

Posted: 02-18-2013, 11:15 AM
State: OH
Post #6

I recently purchased a 2006 durango with the 4.7 and had it
spill fuel all over the ground twice while filling it up. Should I check on the
recall or with the dealer to see if i can get that fixed? Needless
to say i was very cautious the next time i filled it up.

dmsween

Posted: 02-18-2013, 08:46 PM
City: Buffalo
State: NY
Post #7

Zirai10 I'm having a similar issue with dash lights as you did but no check engine light and the gauges are working fine.
SS Brush Guard
Whelen Dual Talon Dash Light & Whelen Liberty Light bar (All Blue)

SOLD -02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4

Summer Ride:
Suzuki M50

dead_sled

Posted: 02-25-2013, 03:34 PM
State: NE
Post #8

I had an issue similar to that on a PT Cruiser. Replacing the battery fixed the crazy gauge issues and other engine codes. Some Chrysler vehicles are sensitive to weak batteries. Good luck!

zirai10

Posted: 03-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Word to your Mother!
Post #9

Let's talk odd.....two weeks later, I've done nothing to the truck, and not another issue to date?
-Superchips 3865
-DIY Mamba
-Resonator Chop
-Debadged

Gold5th

Posted: 03-14-2013, 04:07 PM
City: Athabasca, Canada
State: AB
View This User's Garage
Post #10

You can trigger a cluster self diag by holding the trip reset as you turn the key to on(don't start) the speedo and tach should do a full sweep.. don't recall onteh temp/fuel gauge ones..

I have to do that on my wife's car about twice a year.

to the OP it's possible you got some moisture or something with the wheel sensor connection.

Military Truck Club #82|LED/DASH Light Conversion Member #4|Dodgetalk.com Durango Club Member #68 | Hemi Owners Club Member #28.5
04 Dodge Durango Limited - 5.7L Hemi - Mine - Magnaflow cat back, AirRaid CAI, Black Magic 180 E-fan(waiting to be installed), 4300K Bi-Xenon HID Headlights, 5000K HID Fog lights. SuperChips 3865. Custom Amber roof top LED wrecker light bar. Body line down paint matched bed liner.
02 Chrysler Neon R/T - 2.0L HO 1/2 a Hemi - Hers - AEM CAI

Closed Thread