diagnosing Poor Heater Performance - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Mike Sal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
diagnosing Poor Heater Performance

I can't get more than luke warm air from the heater duct. I've not had a chance to reverse flush the heater core to see if that would help. What steps or procedure should a guy follow to test if all of the blend doors are working properly before I go to the trouble to replace the heater core. Just looking up around the dash doesn't really reveal any of the vacuum motors to see if they are working properly or not.
thanks,
Mike Sal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
dodgensince74

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
before you replace your heater core do the reverse flush on it(quick, easy and cheap to do). check to see if your blend door motor is opening and closing the blend door( another freebie check).

01 1500 5.9, Q/C, L/B, 4X4
Tanue cover
Super chips
Magnaflow S/i-D/o
K&N cai
Eagle alloy 102's
BFG LT285/75r16 A/T's
#3 Old 01-30-2013, 07:53 PM
dtracymoto

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it cold where you are?. Here in the mtns. I cover half of the radiator core with a sheet of cardboard to slow the cooling effect of the winter cold air down to build some heat in the radiator and heater core. If not it takes a long time to warm the coolant all the way to the heater. If it is real cold the thermostat hardly opens and I never get much heat into the cabin. The radiator fan spinning all the time don't help either in the cold...

1998 5.9 Q-cab 1500, flowmaster 50, SSBC calipers, EBC yellow pads, Brembo slotted rotors, oversize rear wheel cylinders, stainless brake lines, bilstien shocks, white face gauges, magna hi flow cat, Taylor wires on NGK plugs, Shorty Headers, 285s, 180 thermo, Sport clear headlights, rino liner, Hughes alum deep pan on a Jasper reman trans, SCT tune, Hughes airgap, 2x50mm modded throttle body, Mopar round air cleaner, accel blue and Mopar cast valve covers... 1.7 HS rockers..
Closed Thread