called dealer service dept - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
mikey j
07 hemi ram

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
called dealer service dept

What a crock of Sh#$t !! i recently found out my 2013 4x4 cc sport does not have LSD in the rear i just called to find out about having it done and upgrading the gears, i was told they wouldn't do it or if they did they wouldn't gaurantee it and it would void my warranty . I told them if i had known this truck didnt come with the lsd i would have walked out. i was also asking about the front dif if it would accept 4.56 gears or do i have to go to a 2011 front dif assembly to have it done and he said i never heard that ? WTF

2013 Hemi Crew cab sport 4x4 Black vararam cai, American racing headers, 4.56 gears & DS Trinity.

Gone but not Forgotten : 07 QC Hemi.. SRT hood DSP custom tunes from Hemifever & whitelightning Trans custom tuning..4.56 gears,Dynatech supermax headers ,Vararam CAI ,E-fan,180 t-stat ,fastman throttle body , 268 cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 AM
I_Digg_Durt

Sucks that your truck didn't come the way you wanted it. I'm not surprised that they didn't know about needing an older front end to accept the 4.56's. Like maybe 5 guys on here have done that mod. Not exactly common knowledge.

2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 4x4 CC Laramie.... Bedliner, Floormats, and a toneau. Work in progress.
#3 Old 01-21-2013, 11:47 AM
VINCH

I guess you should have double checked your needed spec's before signing on the dotted line no on to blame but yourself as far as that goes

Good luck getting them to do anything as it is not the manufacturer's fault that you did not read the build sheet to see what the truck did or did not come with

Hope you are able to accomplish what you want.

It will only void your warranty for the replaced gears. and possibly the CV joints cause of the extra torque/stress

I know this cause I went through it with my old 07 I went from 3:55 to 4:10 and before I did the gear swap I talked it over with my service writer whom I have been working with for well over 15yrs.

They cant just void your complete warranty just the parts that were changed out and parts that could be affected by the change

GOOD LUCK

Red Neck White Hair Blue Collar
2012 Ram Crew Cab 3500 6.7 H.O. CTD 4x4 SRW
285/75/17 Toyo Open Country Xtreme ATII
Pin striping by Bob Spina
#4 Old 01-21-2013, 11:50 AM
mikey j
07 hemi ram

(Thread Starter)
I called another dealer that advertised they do performance work i am waiting for them to call back they are looking into what is needed to do the install . i just couldn't believe they told me if i take the rear diff cover off it voids my warranty !! i asked how do you change the fluid ? SMH ...

I am hoping the few guys that have done this mod will get back to me on how big of a job it is and what is exactly needed so i can start the ordering process .

2013 Hemi Crew cab sport 4x4 Black vararam cai, American racing headers, 4.56 gears & DS Trinity.

Gone but not Forgotten : 07 QC Hemi.. SRT hood DSP custom tunes from Hemifever & whitelightning Trans custom tuning..4.56 gears,Dynatech supermax headers ,Vararam CAI ,E-fan,180 t-stat ,fastman throttle body , 268 cam
#5 Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
VINCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey j View Post
i just couldn't believe they told me if i take the rear diff cover off it voids my warranty !! i asked how do you change the fluid ?
on this quote alone I would find another dealer this guy is a joke and just trying to make sure all service work is done there GO TO A 5 STAR dealer those 5 stars are earned not given

Red Neck White Hair Blue Collar
2012 Ram Crew Cab 3500 6.7 H.O. CTD 4x4 SRW
285/75/17 Toyo Open Country Xtreme ATII
Pin striping by Bob Spina
#6 Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 PM
I KING RAM I

sorry to hear about that... just curious how did you found out it didnt have LSD?

2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport

Fully Loaded

Black Clear Coat, 8 Speed, 3.92, LSD

Mods
Front tint to match rears, Debadged, Gloss Black Powdercoated stock sport wheels, Roll-X tonneau cover, blacked out front and rear emblems.
#7 Old 01-21-2013, 08:26 PM
mikey j
07 hemi ram

(Thread Starter)
power breaking only one wheel spun .
I talked with another dealer and he said he looked into the front dif and dodge wont even give them clearance to open it up so he called his aftermarket parts place and is waiting for them to get back to him if there is anything available

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.