Which sensor is bad? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

wfmitch

Which sensor is bad? - Posted: 01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
City: Vanceboro
State: NC
View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #1

Ok 97 ram 4x4 5.2 160k miles. Went out Friday morning to go to class and truck started and shut back off and would not crank back up. If I hold the gas to the floor it will crank and run but it will cut off as soon as I let my foot off the gas. Crank sensor, cam sensor? Or something else?
Advertisement

Moparite

Posted: 01-21-2013, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Could be a weak battery or dirty IAC or TPS. Any codes?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

wfmitch

Posted: 01-21-2013, 08:45 AM
View This User's Garage
Post #3

No, no codes. Ran fine until Friday. Charged the battery up and seems to be fine

jdserna

Posted: 01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
Diego Serna
City: Albuquerque
State: NM
Post #4

Sounds like the CPS. However, my brother's chero had the same issue, we changed it but it did not fix it. It turned out to be the ignition switch.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

wfmitch

Posted: 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM
View This User's Garage
Post #5

Cps? Is that camshaft or crankshaft position sensor? Any way to test it?

jdserna

Posted: 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Diego Serna
City: Albuquerque
State: NM
Post #6

The crankshaft position sensor. Yes there is a way to test it. We used the method shown in his chilton manual. I can not remember of the top of my head. we used an ohm reader, that part I member.

wfmitch

Posted: 01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #7

What's the best way to get it off? Looks like I'm gonna have to drop the exhaust to get my hand up there to it and I expect those manifold bolts are gonna sheer off.