Trade RAM+GC for Durango+Dart?? - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
Closed Thread

#21 Old 01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Whiteout08

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwin View Post
I think you should just go with your gut.

That being said, I traded my 03 in on an 08 Subaru WRX and loved it! But then 2 weeks shy of a year of having it, I really started suffering from truck withdrawls. Didn't take long to find something I liked and here I am today with my 06.
I did almost the exact same thing...traded a 2001 Ram 1500 for a used 2004 WRX...had it for about 2 years then bought a 2008 Ram 1500 due to "truck withdrawal".

2014 RAM 1500 Express Crew Cab
"Bright White"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Ram18

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Keep the truck. I have 2 kids (5 and 2) and since they were born they've been riding in my truck...and love it. Car seats and their stuff fit no problem.

A better question is...do you actually use your truck for what it is? I'm constantly using it to haul anything and everything I need for my home all throughout the year. It just makes life easier.

Likewise, if you feel that you don't use the bed all that much, it might be good to get into something else, especially since you might be more interested in saving on fuel costs than anything else.

2008 Ram Quad Cab 1500 4X4 HEMI (mine)
SLT Big Horn
3.92 gears
20" chrome clad wheels
Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60R20
MBRP dual exhaust split rear
SC3865

2007 Chrysler Aspen AWD HEMI (hers)
Limited
3.55 gears
20" chrome clad wheels

2001 Ram Quad Cab 1500 4X4 5.9 Off Road
2001 Durango SLT 4X4 4.7
#23 Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
gutty96

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram18 View Post
Keep the truck. I have 2 kids (5 and 2) and since they were born they've been riding in my truck...and love it. Car seats and their stuff fit no problem.

A better question is...do you actually use your truck for what it is? I'm constantly using it to haul anything and everything I need for my home all throughout the year. It just makes life easier.

Likewise, if you feel that you don't use the bed all that much, it might be good to get into something else, especially since you might be more interested in saving on fuel costs than anything else.
I don't *need* a truck, but I do love driving one. It does get used as a truck from time to time, but nothing the Durango couldn't do.

Fuel cost savings are not that important to me, I don't mind the cost of driving a truck, never have never will. (I think if you check some posts I have made in the past in regards to the fuel efficiency of trucks, LOL). I was only thinking there wouldn't be a point in having a RAM and a Durango, and if I was going to get something, why not go for the gusto or cheap driving.

Really though, I guess having a RAM and a GC is no different then a RAM and a Durango.
#24 Old 01-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Tobor

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
-
Keep the truck for all your utility work (haulling shrubbery, bringing home the new swing set and jungle gym for the kids) and trade the Jeep in on a Caravan.

You can deck out a Caravan with all kinds of goodies and still be less than the base Durrango, plus you'd have the better mileage with the mini. Put whatever option is necessary for the Mrs. to buy into it.

Kids have stuff, porta potty, porta crib, friends, etc. A hundred years ago I faced the same issues. New kid, old raised Suburban (prego wife could barely get up into it). I went with the Caravan. Bought one with the "Sport" package so that it didn't scream "I'm driven by a eunuch". It was the best move I could have made. The mileage was great, getting stuff and kids in and out with those big side doors was a breeze. Insurance was much cheaper than it was for the truck. For me it was a win-win.

Box Stock: 2011 White Gold Ram 1500 SLT CrewCab - 4x4 - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 LSD - Integrated Trailer Brake

Added:
Cooper AT3 tires
Mopar Chrome Lower Body Moldings,
Mopar Fog Lights,
Mopar front & rear Skid Plates,
Leer 180 Cap w/Wilderness Package,
Rage roof mounted Cargo Basket
Weathertech over the hump floor mats
Clazzio Leather seat covers
#25 Old 01-28-2013, 08:11 AM
gutty96

(Thread Starter)
Well, when you guys are right, you are right! LOL

My buddy borrowed my truck for a couple days last week to move. Which left me driving his Civic for a two days to work and back. Now don't get me wrong, as far as Civics go, it is a nice car, heated leather, sunroof, etc.

But.....

After getting back in my truck I could have felt more comfortable, I just can do the whole 1 foot off the ground thing I guess, no matter how nice you make the car. So, I told my wife I am not trading my RAM any time soon.

As for her Jeep, she wants to wait until fall when she is back to work and off Mat-leave. Her work tops her to 95% right now, but at the 6 months mark she will be back to regular employment insurance. We want to pay off some mortgage in April before we renew as well, so buying a $50k SUV right now probably isn't the best idea.

Thanks for all the advice!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.