lets see those retro solutions HIDs! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 – Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

sausec17

lets see those retro solutions HIDs! - Posted: 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
State: GA
View This User's Garage
Post #1

Im gonna go with retro for my HIDs butttt I know every HID company has their own shade of colors so im curious as to what colors look good on our 4th gens.

Im looking at the 6000k, but also the 8000k.

If anyone has pictures of their 4th gens with retro HIDs, help a brother out and post some pics! lol thanks!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wingerak92

Posted: 12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
City: Estevan
State: SK
Post #2

I don't have pics of the actual light output.. but mine are white white white light. Mine are also painted black. THey look slick.

10TXRAM

Posted: 12-31-2012, 06:48 PM
City: Houston
State: TX
Post #3

Not retro hids but ddm. In stock painted headlights. 35w 5000k lows and 55w 5000k fogs.

I took these pics trying to capture our snow fall in Texas!! Ha

Diablo tuner
Magnaflowed
Cutout
Jeep srt8 headers
custom Y pipe
HID heads/fogs
HID Reverse lights
Cooper STT's
3" level
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

stricnine

Posted: 12-31-2012, 07:12 PM
RANGO
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

Here are the retro solutions 35w 6000K fogs and headlights:

The 6K retro kit has a very slight hint of blue to them. 8K would be too blue in my opinion and not a lot of usable light compared to the 5K or 6K's.

Jeremy at retro shop is the man to speak to, great customer service and fast shipping. He's the first vendor I have bought from and he certainly sets the standard as far as service goes!

2011 Charger R/T w/ Eibach Pro Line drop springs, MOPAR Intake, Twin FM Super 44's, 20" Torque Thrust M Limited Edition

sausec17

Posted: 01-01-2013, 02:56 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #5

thanks guys! yeah, looks like 6000k is the way to go. I like the classy luxury white look, instead of the "import rice burner cheap ebay blue hid" look

Posted: 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
City: Florissant
State: MO
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #6

yes please do NOT go 8K....

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, Tail light tinting / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Fukken Wax Specials: Specials here! / Join our Fükken Facebook page!

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
State: ON
Post #7

i would even stay away from 6000k if you dont want any blue in your light output because they have a hint of blue in them! I'd do 5000 if you want a nice white light output!

wingerak92

Posted: 01-01-2013, 03:49 PM
City: Estevan
State: SK
Post #8

Mine are 5000K

sausec17

Posted: 01-01-2013, 03:58 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #9

is it true that 35w and 55w ballasts produce a different color/shade when they use the same color bulb?

Posted: 01-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #10

depends on the brand. Retro-Solutions uses a 55W bulb with their 55W ballasts.

using a 55w ballast with a 35W bulb will wash the color out a bit

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, Tail light tinting / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

sausec17

Posted: 01-01-2013, 04:05 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #11

oh ok. So using a 55w bulb with 55w ballast will be the same as using
a 35w bulb with a 35w ballast? I see guys on here with 35w kits and
like the color, but I want to use a 55w kit. So im curious if there
will be any color difference. Thanks

Last edited by sausec17 : 01-01-2013 at 04:40 PM.

hunter99

Posted: 01-01-2013, 07:10 PM
State: NC
Post #12

I have the Morimoto kit from another thread with the 35w bulbs. It came with 55w ballasts and the light is very white once warmed up after a minute or so. When they first come on there is some blue in it. My MINI and my wife's Cherokee Overland both do the same thing.

Lie2me

Posted: 01-03-2013, 05:54 AM
City: overseas
State: OK
Post #13

I get a lot of compliments on these. Very Happy Customer...thank you, Jeremy!!!

Electech99

Posted: 01-03-2013, 07:47 AM
City: Picayune
State: MS
Post #14

Pretty close to the one's above but I painted the projector shrouds white and put the CCFL angel eye's.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
2013 SRT8 Challenger 392 with 6 Speed Manual - White with Red Stripes - JBA Longtube Headers with high flow cats, Billy Boat Performance Exhaust, Arrington Performance Catch Can, Mopar Shifter, painted chin spoiler, headlight surround, side skirts and taillight surround white to match, blendmount radar detector mount, LED fogs, KW Coilovers (not yet installed), HopNot Stage 2 Complete Kit for lowered 6 speed (not yet installed)

2012 Durango R/T -Redline 2 Coat Pearl - Wife's ride - Bone Stock

Posted: 01-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie2me View Post
I get a lot of compliments on these. Very Happy Customer...thank you, Jeremy!!!

rockin!

hey, check your email please.

Electech99

Posted: 01-03-2013, 11:52 AM
City: Picayune
State: MS
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricnine View Post
Jeremy at retro shop is the man to speak to, great customer service and fast shipping. He's the first vendor I have bought from and he certainly sets the standard as far as service goes!
Yeah, I agree, you couldn't ask for better customer service

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note® II using the Autoguide App
2013 SRT8 Challenger 392 with 6 Speed Manual - White with Red Stripes - JBA Longtube Headers with high flow cats, Billy Boat Performance Exhaust, Arrington Performance Catch Can, Mopar Shifter, painted chin spoiler, headlight surround, side skirts and taillight surround white to match, blendmount radar detector mount, LED fogs, KW Coilovers (not yet installed), HopNot Stage 2 Complete Kit for lowered 6 speed (not yet installed)

2012 Durango R/T -Redline 2 Coat Pearl - Wife's ride - Bone Stock

Closed Thread