2011 Charger OEM HID swap. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Charger Talk (06 - Up) > Dodge Charger (06-Up) - General Talk

Closed Thread

jtbigz_ga

2011 Charger OEM HID swap. - Posted: 01-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Grabbin life by the horns
City: Macon
State: GA
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Ok so here's my dilemma. My 11' Charger came with the stock halogen housing and I've purchased a pair of the OEM HID projector based headlights. The connections are all the same for hookup but I'm wondering if the car will throw a bulb out warning considering the low draw of current over the canbus? OR do the newer Charger's even run the canbus units? OR do all the cars wiring harnesses come ready to support HIDs regardless of if they install them or not on the production line? Oh questions, questions, questions!

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 01-02-2013, 12:01 PM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

just plug them in without mounting em and try it out, worst that can happen is a lamp out

2003 1500 HEMI QC -Slammed and Sprayed,
2014 Ram 1500 Black on Black Edition HEMI! - The hauler
2013 Charger - The Toy
1995 Camaro - The Project

"Dont Spread my Wealth, Spread my Work Ethic!"

"Debt is normal, be WEIRD" - Dave Ramsey

~> HOW TO - TINTING TAILS <~

~>IMPORTANT LED Replacement Bulb Info For 02-06 rams<~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

jtbigz_ga

Posted: 01-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Grabbin life by the horns
City: Macon
State: GA
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Ya true. Problem is the harness isn't long enough to stretch up to the light with the hood opened and I def don't want to remove the bumper again if the light needs more to work. But ya, that's what'll have to happen I suppose, just being lazy!