Led light bar in 2012 bumper. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM Heavy Duty Diesel Talk

Closed Thread

cumminsdude

Led light bar in 2012 bumper. - Posted: 12-24-2012, 02:54 PM
City: alberta canada
State: AB
Post #1

I been thinking of installing a led bar in my bumper. I have the stainless insert in my bumper and want to mount the bar behind the insert, And is there cooling issues with blocking off the bumper in the summer? I'm not thinking so but was curious just the same.
Has anybody done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real engines don't have spark plugs!!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Wandell

Posted: 12-26-2012, 12:39 PM
State: GA
Post #2

I'm not sure, but I've seen a couple of our trucks with LED bars mounted in the bumper opening. I'd think there is more than enough airflow through the huge grill.

thebluegoat

Posted: 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Post #3

I believe there is an intercooler for the turbo mounted behind there but you should still get enough airflow that it shouldn't be a problem. Be sure to post pics if you do
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

98v10ram

Posted: 01-02-2013, 11:55 AM
OH Snap!
City: Nashville, TN
State: TN
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I dont believe there will be any issues but I doubt there's anyway you can keep the insert. I'd like to do the same thing I just have a lot to do before I drop that much coin on a light bar. When I do do it, CJC offroad will be getting a call for their bumper brackets.

2006 2500 CTD QC SB 6sp. 6" lift (currently undergoing thurenization) with H2's and 37's, Isspro Boost/EGT/FP gauges, MBRP 5" exhaust, Wet Okole seat covers, Quad Boost Fooler, Smarty!!, SBC 3600 DD, N-Fab steps

468/923 uncorrected on 3/17/07

CTD Enthusiast Club Member #07

Mineral Grey Truck Club Member #29

Wandell

Posted: 01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
State: GA
Post #5

Wow! That looks really good!

cumminsdude

Posted: 01-05-2013, 01:30 PM
City: alberta canada
State: AB
Post #6

That does look good!! What length if bar is that and how fid yah mount it.
I want to try to keep the insert if I can. Reason being certain provinces have a law saying that lights like that have to be covered. Was hoping to hide the bar behind the insert, don't want to drop a bunch of coin on the bar and get fines as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real engines don't have spark plugs!!

NoPlugsRequired

Posted: 01-06-2013, 03:17 AM
State: AZ
Post #7

CJC makes a real slick set of mounting bars... I'll be going with a Patton Fab bar which will allow me to mount an LED bar below a set of 4 light mounts.

I don't see any way of keeping the stainless piece. Worse case, get a Rigid lightbar E-series and they have a clear plastic cover to put over it. The also have blue, amber and solid white and black if CDN states it has to prvent light exposure.

'12 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 4x4 CrewCab Longbed
Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5 Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian, ISSPRO triple pillars (EGT, Boost and Drive Pressure), ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, Custom Tube Bumper, Custom Bed Supports, AMP steps, Race Radio, Spare Tire Lock and enough Lighting to need sunglasses at night

SlimTex

Posted: 01-08-2013, 09:42 PM
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPlugsRequired View Post
CJC makes a real slick set of mounting bars... I'll be going with a Patton Fab bar which will allow me to mount an LED bar below a set of 4 light mounts.

I don't see any way of keeping the stainless piece. Worse case, get a Rigid lightbar E-series and they have a clear plastic cover to put over it. The also have blue, amber and solid white and black if CDN states it has to prvent light exposure.
Those two would be my picks. I've done business with CJC and they are great.

I looked up the cooling issue, it's not an issue. Guys with those light bars pulling toy haulers on 100+ days and they were perfectly fine.