2013 ram headlights - Page 5 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 – Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

PunisheRR

Posted: 12-28-2012, 12:59 PM
State: ON
Post #81

I was going to post some pics but the only camera i have is on my razr, and it's very poor quality! It just looks like 4 white circles! lol!My apologies!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Squiddy08

Posted: 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
City: Fort St. John
State: BC
View This User's Gallery
Post #82

Hey I want to put HIDs in my 2013 and short of taking the bulbs out to take a look, I haven't been able to find what kind of bulbs are in the projectors and the high beams. Are they the same as previous years? H11 and 9005?

What kit did you install?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Posted: 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
City: Florissant
State: MO
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #83

HIR2 for the projectors, 9005 on the high beams.

I have the HIR2 kits on my site as well.

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...%2EPROJ%2EHIDs

DodgeTalk Moderator / Official DodgeTalk Supporter

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, Tail light tinting / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Fukken Wax Specials: Specials here! / Join our Fükken Facebook page!

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

Squiddy08

Posted: 12-30-2012, 11:26 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0212353 View Post
HIR2 for the projectors, 9005 on the high beams.

I have the HIR2 kits on my site as well.

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...%2EPROJ%2EHIDs
Cool, alright. I see you've been shipping to Edmonton. What's the shipping situation to Canada been for you? Guys paying a lot of tax/duty on this end? High shipping cost?

Posted: 12-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #85

it runs $25 up there. its sent as a gift (USPS) so it shouldn't be bad on taxes, if any are gathered.

Retro Shop - HID Projector Retros, Headlight Painting, Tail light tinting / Need a quote? Email me please - jeremy@retroshop.us

Dawizman

Posted: 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
City: Cold Lake, Alberta
State: AB
Post #86

Duty cost me $29 on 4 sets of hid's, and a set of retro headlights from JJ.

2010 Ram 2500 SLT CCSB 4x4 5.7, Deep Water Blue, Toyo Open Country A/T, SpaceKap + Ladder Racks + Conduit Box(Work Truck)

Gone:

2010 Ram 2500 TRX4 CCSB 4x4 5.7, Brilliant Black, Truxedo Edge, Go Rhino Dominator III Nerf Steps, Superchips 3865.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT RCSB 4x4 5.7, Atlantic Blue, 33" Toyo Open Country M/T

Posted: 12-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #87

yeah, little different on the big o' packages of stuff!

At least from what I've seen.....

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Post #88

This is the best i could get with my phone...night shots look like crap! The light output is excellent!

Last edited by PunisheRR : 01-01-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Squiddy08

Posted: 01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #89

Cool, that looks awesome!

hunter99

Posted: 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM
State: NC
Post #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunisheRR View Post
This is the best i could get with my phone...night shots look like crap! The light output is excellent!

My biggest curiosity is how is the cutoff with the HID's?

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Post #91

it's pretty much the exact same as with the halogens! There's actually a really nice thick blue line along the cutoff! I'll try and get some pics this week!

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Post #92

They should have just fitted them with hid's from factory!

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Post #93

I got a quick pic of the cutoff! this is factory projectors with a 6000k hid kit installed!

Posted: 01-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #94

holy hotspot and green?

NoPlugsRequired

Posted: 01-06-2013, 03:21 AM
State: AZ
Post #95

Geez... I thought 6K was supposed to be white? And going up meant it got bluer... where'd the green come from?

These are just the regular factory projectors with a set of HIDs installed? Which HID kit is it?

'12 Ram 3500 Limited SRW 4x4 CrewCab Longbed
Carli 3" "Dominator", Trussed and Hydo'd front, AFE Intake, Deleted, 4" TBE, 37" Toyo M/Ts on TrailReady 5˝ Black/Black wheels, H&S Mini Maxx Race w/ Trans unlock and MCC tuned by Draconian, ISSPRO triple pillars (EGT, Boost and Drive Pressure), ISSPRO Turbo Temp Monitor, Custom Tube Bumper, Custom Bed Supports, AMP steps, Race Radio, Spare Tire Lock and enough Lighting to need sunglasses at night

PunisheRR

Posted: 01-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Post #96

It's not green, photo was taken with my phone! They're pretty much white with slight blue! this is why I wasn't going to post pics because all i have is my phone for a camera and the poor quality!

The buiding i took the pic aginst is yellow so maybe the slight blue from the hid's ad the yellow building is making it look green!

And the hid's are both philips ballasts and bulbs in the factory projectors! This is my truck that is posted above that you can see the lights aren't green!

Last edited by PunisheRR : 01-06-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Posted: 03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #97

Bringing this back from the dead here!

So, a few updates.........

The mounting plates are in production, my first batch hits my shop early next week. These will allow me to mount the FX-R HID projectors into the '13 lamps.

Second part.........a plug n play wiring harness for these. I successfully rigged one together, then shipped it to my supplier for replication. We found that the plug on these headlights is a proprietary plug to.........VW. HA! So......

I called the VW this week and ordered in a plug.

taking the light to the dealer to test fit. LOL

Got some weird looks in there........haha!

das plug

Didn't fit. wouldn't go in all the way.........

so......I took a look inside the stock plug.

that stupid white tab, push that in

and.........

she fits!

So, I looked at the guy.......asked him how many he had in the various warehouses.

I said "make that 6 please, I'll take 100".

Should have them in next week and I'll get them over to the supplier for pinning and wiring to the H13 plugs.

Probably looking about about 3-4 weeks from now and we'll be golden.

Cdnoilram

Posted: 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM
State: AB
View This User's Gallery
Post #98

Wanna throw a couple of those harnesses in with my order? Or at least the VW part number and I'll pick a set up from a local dealership. I'm glad I didn't solder anything, lol.

RIP '07 QCRB 4wd Charon 13.57 @ 97mph
'09 Ram 1500 Sport 4wd Green Mamba- 4/6 dropped, forged block, P1SC @12psi, bottle fed

Last edited by Cdnoilram : 03-01-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Posted: 03-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Fükken Retro'd Moderator
Post #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnoilram View Post
Wanna throw a couple of those harnesses in with my order? I'm glad I didn't solder anything, lol.
your order will be shipped WAY before these harnesses are ready. Heck, your fogs are here now, cut and ready to be boxed to ship. If I didn't get sick last weekend - they would have went out Monday.

These harnesses are about.........3-4 weeks out right now bud.

jayincali

Posted: 03-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Yo Daddy
City: So Cal. I.E.
State: CA
Post #100

What are you thinking as a price point on these J? Plug and play HIDs, and '13 heads, roughly.

Oh BTW, went a different route with the mirrors.
Closed Thread