Arrington BV Eagle heads Arrived today. - Page 2 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM Performance Talk

Closed Thread

fasthemiram05

Posted: 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM
fasthemiram05
City: Orlando
State: FL
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #21

Throw the 6.4 cam in there while your at it.... It runs on stock tuning with no issues.

Had 2011 HEMI EXPRESS
12.41@111
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_UA...1&feature=plcp
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

ramryder77

Posted: 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM
State: LA
Post #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthemiram05 View Post
Throw the 6.4 cam in there while your at it.... It runs on stock tuning with no issues.
Do you have any more data about the cam. Any dynos, track runs are anything. This by far is the most mysterious mod i have ever seen lol. Everybody talks about it but never any data. Sorry for changing the subject thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

catsltd

Posted: 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM
City: Calgary,Alberta.
Post #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasthemiram05 View Post
I dont know.
It sems like a hell of a lot of work just changing out the heads.
I worked all day and I have not even got the heads off yet.

On top of that,the intake runner gaskets are shot for some reason and I did not order new ones,so I hope I can find a set tomorow.

With the LT headers Im quessing this is going to take 2 or even 3 days.

Not sure I could survive a cam install on top of it all.

If I cant get a 12 second slip without a cam,then Ill put a 6.4 in there are see what happens.
Nice new truck.
2010-1500 SLt rclb 4x2-3:92 LSD.
Mods so far.
American Racing SS Ceramic Coated headers
Billy Boat SS Performance Muffler.
.Jet 180 stat./BT catch can.
Superchips transmission tune.
Diablo track tune.
Airaid dry flow intake.
Moes 87MM throtllebody.
Flexalight #295 dual fan.
2;08/1.6 BV heads
258MM-2800 stall Triple Disc Circle-D converter.
13.539@ 98.11 MPH.

Cdnoilram

Posted: 12-07-2012, 06:51 PM
State: AB
View This User's Gallery
Post #24

Weird, I pulled the heads on the old hemi in 3 hrs, including the headers. When I did the whole head/cam/intake swap in the spring it did take me a good 5 days so just take your time.

What's your biggest hold up with the removal?

My biggest tip will be to install the LTs on the heads BEFORE putting the heads in place, with a friend underneath you can get everything lined up a lot easier, plus you don't have to attempt to bolt headers inplace.

RIP '07 QCRB 4wd Charon 13.57 @ 97mph
'09 Ram 1500 Sport 4wd Green Mamba- 4/6 dropped, forged block, P1SC @12psi, bottle fed

mcraezy87

Posted: 12-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Mopar Enthusiast
State: NC
View This User's Garage
Post #25

Dang those look sweet. Do you have to send in your old ones as cores?
Performance-- Flowmaster Dual Ex. - VaraRam Intake w/ K&N filter -Edelbrock Shorties -TMR Delete -DTT4:56s -Power Wire - Jet 180 Thermostat - (16) 6.1 Exhaust springs, pushrods, cam and Ignition Coil Conversion - DSP 93 tune -MSD Coils -TB Grounded -Efan from Jeep Gr. Cherokee/Liberty -HD Trans Cooler -Bilsteins -SRT IAT
Purdy Stuff---New to me Stock 20's -Mopar Mud Flaps -Rain Guards -Westin 4" Running Boards -Debadged -Mopar "M" on back glass -Chrome door handle covers -Aluminum Pedal Covers -4Gen All-Weather Floor Mats -Painted Blue Accents Under the hood -ARE Tonneau Cover -Dodge chrome door sill plates -15.56 1/4 (b4 gears)
Waiting to install: R/T TQ Converter, PS LT's, Comp260, and a TUNE
Future Mods: DJM LCA Drop Kit
2007 Chrysler Aspen Limited 4.7L --TRADED IN
2006 Chrysler 300C -100k mi. Fully Loaded, MP Panel A/F, BT Catch Can-TRADED IN
2013 Chrysler 300s -3.6L -Mopar Rubber floor mats,Splash Guards -Stayin stock cuz it gets 31mpgs

catsltd

Posted: 12-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Post #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnoilram View Post
Weird, I pulled the heads on the old hemi in 3 hrs, including the headers. When I did the whole head/cam/intake swap in the spring it did take me a good 5 days so just take your time.

What's your biggest hold up with the removal?

My biggest tip will be to install the LTs on the heads BEFORE putting the heads in place, with a friend underneath you can get everything lined up a lot easier, plus you don't have to attempt to bolt headers inplace.
My garage is not heated,and its -15 out side so conditions are not ideal.

I had NP with my 2003 heads either,but for some reason they decided to have all kinds of clips and plugs at the very back of the heads.

Doing the heads by myself takes a while,everytime you need another wrench you have to climb back out of the engine bay,etc.etc.
But no big deal,at least its not outside in the snow.LOL.

Im sure the passenger side head will go on with the LT installed,but the drivers side is pretty tight.
Its a new day,and Im excited about getting back out there,Ill get a few pictures as I tear it down.

Yes I have to return my old heads or loose a grand deposit.
Mods so far.
Diablo track tune.
Airaid dry flow intake.
Moes 87MM throtllebody.
2;08/1.6 BV heads
13.539@ 98.11 MPH.

Last edited by catsltd : 12-08-2012 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling.

catsltd

Posted: 12-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Post #27

Well finally got my motor back together,what a friggin long haul.
All I have to do is hook up my headers to my seconday pipes,and fire it up.

Without a doubt the worst POS swap I have ever done.
There is no way 1 guy can even consider trying to remove the heads with headers installed,its not going to happen.
Not that it would work anyway,but who knows.

Ill get a custom tune installed next week,and get here on a dyno and see how she does.
See if all this work is worth it.
Mods so far.
Diablo track tune.
Airaid dry flow intake.
Moes 87MM throtllebody.
2;08/1.6 BV heads
13.539@ 98.11 MPH.

Cdnoilram

Posted: 12-13-2012, 06:48 PM
State: AB
View This User's Gallery
Post #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsltd View Post
There is no way 1 guy can even consider trying to remove the heads with headers installed,its not going to happen.
There was an offer to help out on the table... just sayin'

Glad to hear everything is back together, now the fun part begins. I would have loved to compare the '09+ ARH headers to the '07 pair I have to see if I need to order a new set or if they'll work in the new truck. I know the ports are different, but I port matched the old ones to the eagle heads, it's just the physical tubing that I'm interested in.

RIP '07 QCRB 4wd Charon 13.57 @ 97mph
'09 Ram 1500 Sport 4wd Green Mamba- 4/6 dropped, forged block, P1SC @12psi, bottle fed

catsltd

Smile  Posted: 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Post #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnoilram View Post
There was an offer to help out on the table... just sayin'

Glad to hear everything is back together, now the fun part begins. I would have loved to compare the '09+ ARH headers to the '07 pair I have to see if I need to order a new set or if they'll work in the new truck. I know the ports are different, but I port matched the old ones to the eagle heads, it's just the physical tubing that I'm interested in.
Thanks for the offer.
Most of the work gets done on the weekdays when my wife and daughter are gone,it only took me 6 days so far.

I found my last header bolt is not going in straight,so Im going to give it 1 more try before I tear the header back off,hopefully I wont need to retap the threads on the header.
Time will tell.

I live in Mckenzie town,your welcome to drop by and look at the headers,they seem awful similar to my 2003 LT headers,as far as design and the way they lay.??/?
Ill post up my review of the heads tonight when I get finished and take it for a test drive,assuming I didnt miss a pushrod being seated correctly.
Mods so far.
Diablo track tune.
Airaid dry flow intake.
Moes 87MM throtllebody.
2;08/1.6 BV heads
13.539@ 98.11 MPH.

catsltd

Posted: 12-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Post #30

Its Done.Thanks God.

Truck runs great,a little surge at startup then perfect idle.
Hits the rev limiter in every gear it revs so quick.
At 100 MPH it is still pulling like crazy.
Cant wait to load a tune tomorrow and do some datalogging.
Prety Stoked so far.
Mods so far.
Diablo track tune.
Airaid dry flow intake.
Moes 87MM throtllebody.
2;08/1.6 BV heads
13.539@ 98.11 MPH.

fasthemiram05

Posted: 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM
fasthemiram05
City: Orlando
State: FL
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #31

Cool man... Take some vids.

Had 2011 HEMI EXPRESS
12.41@111
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_UA...1&feature=plcp
Closed Thread