my ram has been rammed - Page 4 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#61 Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 PM
ceramictec

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well i had a HUGE drs meeting thursday. Good news and bad news as well. Good news is the plate has not moved in my arm. My fingers are moving more and more straight. Bad news the elbow is not healing they way they would have liked in four weeks. So I start PT on tuesday for 5x's a week for 11 weeks. After that I get rechecked and then they decide next step. If it does not get better they talked about a new elbow. Not liking that idea at all. There is a peice in my elbow head that broke and shattered somewhere in the crash. Also said if it does heal more maybe 8 to 9 months down the road go back in and take the plate out. Dont like that either to cut my scar and reopen it. Esp seeing they stiched my muscle inside and cardivascular work inside my arm. I have a torn rotor cuff but he said no reason to touch that till the elbow is figured out.

Right now no work till Feb or Mar he said. Major sucko. Cant go to the gun range or drive either. This will be week 5 coming up and its starting to get real old. But I have no choice but to follow orders because of legal things.

I think I have found a new truck will have to have it shipped to me. A 2012 LAMARINE loaded fire engine red solid with out the two tone. I found another night runner just like I had with 23K on the needle but they want ALOT for it. Said it was a special edition and some other junk. I know what it is I had one LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 PM
dmcelhannon
Moderator David Mack

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Please keep us posted and try not to be discouraged. It a hard road but I'm sure you'll be OK.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC
~ Waiting to replace my Ram! ~ 2014 October 23rd WAS Judgement Day! ~
*** After 849-Days (2-Years 119-days) We Nailed Their A$$ to the Barn Door ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rio Grande Valley Make-A-Wish Foundation's Raffle

Tickets are now available for purchase directly from the Rio Grande Valley Make-A-Wish office. They can be reached at (956) 686-9474. Even if you are from out of town you can participate because you do not need to be present to win.

1971 Dodge Charger Superbee Thread Link

Click the Superbee link to see the whole timeline thread....

#63 Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Rich 2500

Quote:
down the road go back in and take the plate out. Dont like that either to cut my scar and reopen it. Esp seeing they stiched my muscle inside
It's kind of funny, these are the exact same arguments I used when I screwed up my right arm and they told me they had to take the plate out. No worries, they open that scar up like it had a zipper on it. I was actually awake when they did it, they did a nerve block in the nerve ganglia in my arm pit and just floated me. make sure you get the plate back it's yours you paid for it, it's titanium and makes a cool conversation piece.

Elec. Blue 07 2500 Thunderoad QC Hemi 4X4

BTC #181

Mopar Cai, Mopar SS Nerf Bars, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Wheel Well Liners, EGR In Channel Window Vents, Tinted Windows 30%, Hella 500's behind the grill, Gibson Dual Sport Catback Exhaust, Magna Flow "Y" Pipe, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, LineX Bedliner, Flexalite 180 Efan (shrouldless), Jet 180 Thermostat, Edge Evolution (used as monitor) DiabloSport Predator, Solid Steel Industries-Steering Stabilizer, Carli Starter Suspension System, Carli Adj. Track Bar, Toyo 35/12.50/17 MT on Stock Wheels, Carli Anti Sway Bar, Xeon Fogs 6000K

#64 Old 12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
dmcelhannon
Moderator David Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich 2500 View Post
It's kind of funny, these are the exact same arguments I used when I screwed up my right arm and they told me they had to take the plate out. No worries, they open that scar up like it had a zipper on it. I was actually awake when they did it, they did a nerve block in the nerve ganglia in my arm pit and just floated me. make sure you get the plate back it's yours you paid for it, it's titanium and makes a cool conversation piece.
Not only the plate but the one use only tools! You paid for them, you may as well put them in YOUR toolbox. I have a few of those little pliers they use to remove those staples they use instead stitches.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tickets are now available for purchase directly from the Rio Grande Valley Make-A-Wish office. They can be reached at (956) 686-9474. Even if you are from out of town you can participate because you do not need to be present to win.

#65 Old 12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Ron380
Just a Comedian.

You could mount the titanium plate in a nice display box, and tell folks it's a piece of the Terminator.

Good luck with the PT and recovery! The PT can truly SUCK sometimes, but it IS worth it in the long run to get the best use of your arm back.

2007 1500 SLT 4x4. 2-dr, short bed; 4.7l; 3.55 w/LSD.
SC 87 tune; 4" pvc intake; Magnaflow Y-pipe and muffler; Scangauge... oh, and new speakers!
-- More to come...
#66 Old 12-03-2012, 05:32 PM
ceramictec

(Thread Starter)
here I will post some things to make everyone laugh

plastic urinal.....78.00

drill bit ( they used two).....960.00

the plate was....6840.00 ( no screws)

screws range from 1239.00 EACH to 390.00.......LOL

my new heart pill I have to take everyday.....26.00 EACH..... I filled 90 for ten bucks

water flush for IV everytime they put in a anitbiotic......89.00

Yes PT starts in the AM. Somewhat looking forward to it, after being locked at home for 5 weeks. I really am hoping the PT works and they do not have to do a artifical elbow Well we will see how the week goes with PT.
#67 Old 12-03-2012, 06:52 PM
98hemi-ram

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Haha that list makes me curious to know what the screw in my wrist is worth now

Good luck with the PT hope it goes well for you.

98 Ram 1500 RCSB 2wd - 5.7 Hemi swapped
5.7 Hemi ,comp 260 cam, 87mm TB, 180* t-stat, EGR deleted, dual 14" electric fans, K&N cai, A/C delete, diablo Intune 91 tune, Edge 3200 stall converter, sharadon stage 3 valve body, true duals with flowmaster super 44's and 70's challenger style tips, 4.10 gears, Detroit True-Trac, 3rd gen 20's, aftermarket 1pc headlights, LED tails/3rd brake lights, all bulbs swapped to LED's, 5% tinted windows, 2/5 drop, hard tonneau cover, BedRug box liner
14.63 @ 93.20mph

08 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Daily commuter, 2.3L, 5-speed manual trans, 5% tinted windows and 28MPG's
#68 Old 12-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Rich 2500

WOW!

Elec. Blue 07 2500 Thunderoad QC Hemi 4X4

BTC #181

Mopar Cai, Mopar SS Nerf Bars, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Wheel Well Liners, EGR In Channel Window Vents, Tinted Windows 30%, Hella 500's behind the grill, Gibson Dual Sport Catback Exhaust, Magna Flow "Y" Pipe, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, LineX Bedliner, Flexalite 180 Efan (shrouldless), Jet 180 Thermostat, Edge Evolution (used as monitor) DiabloSport Predator, Solid Steel Industries-Steering Stabilizer, Carli Starter Suspension System, Carli Adj. Track Bar, Toyo 35/12.50/17 MT on Stock Wheels, Carli Anti Sway Bar, Xeon Fogs 6000K

#69 Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
jorben1990

All those items were made in the USA, that explains it! Haha, thats crazy bud - best wishes and a speedy recovery, cant make good' ol elbow grease without the real thing!

2009 Dodge ram Rims painted matte black with 275/60/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ
/ Kool Vue Towing Mirrors / Pioneer-Avh P4300/ 5% tint all-around/ Sport bumper conversion/ Truxedo bed cover/ Spray on bed liner/ Second Battery & Isolator

Performance - Superchips 3865 / Magnaflow Dumped Exhaust / Twin Cold Air Intake/ Never knowing how little performace you have until your make a performance list, priceless.

Leveling Kit - Daystar 1.5 coil spacers.

Audio 1 12' Kicker Cvr122 in Stealthbox under middle front seat, Kicker DX 500.1 Amp, Pioneer Avh-p4300 screen , infiniti kappa series door speakers ran to cheap amp, upgrading soon.

Firepower: Taurus PT180 , shotgun coming soon for the jackers .

In loving memory of my brother from another, my best friend Eron Chapa 08/26/86 - 12/25/2010

This is your world I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut
#70 Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
ceramictec

(Thread Starter)
I started PT today on my arm. 3xs a week for 11 weeks, and this stuff SUCKS. It was a hour long today and next week it goes to two hours for the rest of the therapy. I had to do 8 simple tests today and I failed 6 of them. Long road ahead she told me today. Yea just what I wanted to hear NOT. On the bright side I met a guy who was hit head one by a semi as well by the blue beverage company. He was not so lucky as I was. He has broke legs and rods and plates. So we tried to team up on days to do PT.

I have found a few trucks to go look at 2012 models. I figured I either buy a 12 ram now and then get a 13 when they hit next summer as well. Or go find a SRT8 charger or challenger. SO after xmas we will go out to texas and look at some trucks on the lots I found. I want a texas package they put more in them than florida.

So thats my update as of today. I am hoping PT helps my arm so I get to keep my elbow and now more surgery on it.

I still roam the forums and read. Learning alot for my new 4th gen ram when i get her.

Happy holidays to everyone out there and thanks for all the cheer as I have come this far.

K9 UNIT
#71 Old 12-10-2012, 10:55 PM
dmcelhannon
Moderator David Mack

Take care ...

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#72 Old 12-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Smokeybones

Any updates

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Current- Audi A6 2.7 Bi-turbo Quattro

01 2500 4x4 ext cab Lwb Cummins!
Silencer ring MIA, 3" Exhaust, K&N Intake 2.5 leveling kit SOLD!

1997 1500 4x4 ext cab sport Arctic White SOLD!

1999 1500 4x4 ext cab Sport Electric blue SOLD!

1998 1500 4x2 360 Single cab LWB SOLD!
Flowmaster 40 No Cats True Duals
Rhino spray in liner
Tint, Rain Guards, Bug Shields
100k Club!!!!!!!!!! #35
Cracked Dash Enthusiast Club #19
Blue Dodge Truck Club Member #216
#73 Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 AM
Bowjack
Too much violence

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
x2

bo
* 2013 Ram Express - Mineral Gray Metallic Clearcoat - 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - Customer Preferred Package - 20"Chrome C Wheels - XHCP Trailer Brake Control, Spay-in Bedliner OEM, Tow Mirrors w Puddle Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Under hood Lamp, Dealer Installed Mopar Backup Camera Rear View Mirror Assist, Access Vanish Tonneau Cover, Molded Mud Flaps w 3M Tape, ETC... -

_______
Previous Dodge Vehicles
*2007.5 Bright Silver - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Factory Sunroof / Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi Gone but not forgotten
*2004 Graphite Metallic - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Quad Cab / SWB
Hemi
*2003 Black - Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 w Std Cab / SWB
5.9L
*1991 Dodge Monaco LE
*1971 Dodge Coronet Stock

#74 Old 01-02-2013, 06:01 PM
ceramictec

(Thread Starter)
ok a UPDATE. I went and saw the Orthopedic Surgeon today for a two month check up on the arm. Did not go well at all, my arm is not healing where the break in the center is. It has opened up about a 1/2" and seems to be somewhat infected. So new anti biotics and xrays. I have another appt with him in a month, at that time they will decide ultimatly what to do. Worse case loose my arm below the elbow or it will get signs of healing and infection gone. My elbow still has a chunk of bone missing it has not started to heal either. Pretty sad and depressing day for to say the least.

I still can not drive or work period he made sure of that. No picking anything up in my left arm over 3 lbs. I started therapy and was kicked out because my Geico insurance was capped and I have no health insurance. I was fired from the job and they have a hardship finance program still can not get approved. Because I was honest on the form I am not legally married but live with the other for 12 years and they want to know her income. I call BS none of thier damn bussiness. So I should have lied and said i live alone and I would still be in therapy..

I feel like such a thrown away VICTOM in this by far. Still waiting on the lawyer for workers comp to egt that process started and approved so I can get some kind of relief. Pretty sad I will be 40 this month and cant drive possibly my birthday present of a new truck.

Still have a MRI next week to check the blood in my brain and see how that works out as well.

Next time I get car insurance i am gonna cap the hell out of it and max it. Sorry my phone sent the emails to my spam box. I still come around and read the forums.

Happy new year
#75 Old 01-02-2013, 11:25 PM
dmcelhannon
Moderator David Mack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceramictec View Post
ok a UPDATE. I went and saw the Orthopedic Surgeon today for a two month check up on the arm. Did not go well at all, my arm is not healing where the break in the center is. It has opened up about a 1/2" and seems to be somewhat infected. So new anti biotics and xrays. I have another appt with him in a month, at that time they will decide ultimatly what to do. Worse case loose my arm below the elbow or it will get signs of healing and infection gone. My elbow still has a chunk of bone missing it has not started to heal either. Pretty sad and depressing day for to say the least.

I still can not drive or work period he made sure of that. No picking anything up in my left arm over 3 lbs. I started therapy and was kicked out because my Geico insurance was capped and I have no health insurance. I was fired from the job and they have a hardship finance program still can not get approved. Because I was honest on the form I am not legally married but live with the other for 12 years and they want to know her income. I call BS none of thier damn bussiness. So I should have lied and said i live alone and I would still be in therapy..

I feel like such a thrown away VICTOM in this by far. Still waiting on the lawyer for workers comp to egt that process started and approved so I can get some kind of relief. Pretty sad I will be 40 this month and cant drive possibly my birthday present of a new truck.

Still have a MRI next week to check the blood in my brain and see how that works out as well.

Next time I get car insurance i am gonna cap the hell out of it and max it. Sorry my phone sent the emails to my spam box. I still come around and read the forums.

Happy new year
We still have you on our prayer chain here. I do pray this is the end of the bad news from these folks that practicing medicine.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#76 Old 01-03-2013, 08:30 AM
jorben1990

Cheer up bud, its gonna be ok! My best wishes to you, and in Texas anything over 6 months is common law marriage.

2009 Dodge ram Rims painted matte black with 275/60/20 Cooper Zeon LTZ
/ Kool Vue Towing Mirrors / Pioneer-Avh P4300/ 5% tint all-around/ Sport bumper conversion/ Truxedo bed cover/ Spray on bed liner/ Second Battery & Isolator

Performance - Superchips 3865 / Magnaflow Dumped Exhaust / Twin Cold Air Intake/ Never knowing how little performace you have until your make a performance list, priceless.

Leveling Kit - Daystar 1.5 coil spacers.

Audio 1 12' Kicker Cvr122 in Stealthbox under middle front seat, Kicker DX 500.1 Amp, Pioneer Avh-p4300 screen , infiniti kappa series door speakers ran to cheap amp, upgrading soon.

Firepower: Taurus PT180 , shotgun coming soon for the jackers .

In loving memory of my brother from another, my best friend Eron Chapa 08/26/86 - 12/25/2010

This is your world I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut
#77 Old 01-06-2013, 12:21 AM
SC_1500

OMG.........makes the saying "everyday is a gift" seem all to relevant!
#78 Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 PM
redramdriver

wow thats insane! glad it kept ya pretty safe!

2003 Dodge Ram -- Laramie Quad cab- 5.7L HEMI - Superchip - auto - 3'' body lift with gap guards- 35x12.5x17 toyo open country mts on 17'' XD Series Spies - 15% tint front, 1% (limo) on the back and rear window - extra large toolbox. sprayed in liner- black enclosure headlights. tinted tail lights/third brake light- 60" LED light bar- slim Amber warning light all over truck. AirLift suspension system- flowmaster super 44- debadged- side steps- hellas behind grill. PIAA fog lights in Road Armor bumper- all lights converted to HID- LED back up lights. tow mirrors- K&N cold air intake- backup camera- 7'' Jensen flip up touchscreen with bluetooth/navigation/iPod/DVD/USB head unit. 6x9 polk audio front doors. 3x5 clarion rear doors. 2' rockford fosgate tweeter in door pillers and dash. 10'' rockford fosgate sub under rear driver side seat- Cobra CB radio- Viper remote start/security system-
~~Black Truck Member 392

1994 Ram 3500 single cab dually. 2wd 5.9L CUMMINS automatic. guages. straight piped with 6'' chrome tip. K&N filter. LED backup lights and bed lights. gloss black rims. rhino liner lower quarter. roll on bed liner. gooseneck hitch
#79 Old 01-21-2013, 06:22 PM
ceramictec

(Thread Starter)
UPDATE. I have a DRS appt next week for a 3 month follow up. Had a meeting with the lawyers today going over medical bills. Someone had paid 165 grand on the hospital stay. It was a personal check they said with a note on the bottom of good luck with your recovery. touched my heart. The plate in my arm is a little loose so they will look at it then. So far had to file for disabilty thru social security and was granted a 65% rate. That is a start and the workers comp case seems to be going along pretty well, that I may be granted 2 years of WC at 80% of my check. And they would have to pick up my medical tab balance.

My 40th birthday is wednesday and was hoping to be driving by then. Still cant drive or work. I have found a few 4 th gen trucks and even found another night runner that has 11K on the needle. I am waiting to look at the 13 ram to see the cab and new features it offers.

Well I still read the forums just dont post on here much as i miss my RAM so much.

thanks again for a great place to get information on the ram and dodge family out there
#80 Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM
JonRoc
Creature Of The Wheel

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hope you get back to normal & get you a new ram as well.

"Code Red" 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Stock Chrome 20s-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Red LEDs In Grille-Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-Alpine Sys-Aeon Bump Stops
Gibson Shorties GP316S-BT Int Pieces-CF Mirror Covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.