Is It OK If I Just Cry ... Is Back - Page 6 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71'dart View Post
what kind of battery was it ? Isn't there still a warranty on it?
It's like the Optima but the plates are flat and it had a far better power rating. I wish there was warranty that could be applied here but because it died for lack of use, it's classified as my fault. Since it was "my fault", I'm out of luck.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 65-Days and Counting! ~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

DannyMK2

Posted: 10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
City: Long Island
State: NY
Post #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
It's like the Optima but the plates are flat and it had a far better power rating. I wish there was warranty that could be applied here but because it died for lack of use, it's classified as my fault. Since it was "my fault", I'm out of luck.

dont they have to be able to prove that?
2002 Ram 1500 QCSB 4.7L 4x4 - SOLD
Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member #108
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyMK2 View Post
dont they have to be able to prove that?
It's not hard to prove it since I had to tell him why the battery was dead as a bag of door knobs and why it wasn't in the truck when I pulled it out of the trunk of the car.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

DannyMK2

Posted: 10-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Post #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
It's not hard to prove it since I had to tell him why the battery was dead as a bag of door knobs and why it wasn't in the truck when I pulled it out of the trunk of the car.
yea, your outta luck on the warranty now. I would have just said the battery died, no clue what happened. cant drive a truck with a dead battery. if the battery has been disconnected for the time the trucks been down, it still should be able to take a charge. ive let cars sit for months at a time with the battery disconnected, connect the battery and it starts right up.

LPGHemi

Posted: 10-24-2012, 01:46 AM
LPG Hemi
City: North East England
Post #105

Big difference in leaving the battery connected for a long time and one of leaving it disconnected for an equally long time.
When a battery is still connected, there is long term current drain which leads to a deep discharging of it.
This causes plates to "buckle" and screws battery cells up.
That's probably what happened on this instance.
Al.
K&N air & oil filters.
NGK Iridiums. Detroit TruTrac. TMR delete.
Procomp ES9000 with torsion bar tweak.
EBC slotted rotors with Yellow stuff pads and Cooper Zeon LTZ275/60/R20.
3" T304 stainless steel custom exhaust with high flow cat side exit near rear tire with DMH Electric cutout and T304 custom muffler.
Prinz LPG VSI sequential gaseous injection system
with 2x70 litre siamesed fuel tanks.

Exterior Mods
Siege Engineering Kong Mk2 Train horns 200 psi Viair 480C compressor & 3 gallon tank.
6000K HID Twiggy hi/lo + fogs.
White front and red rear LED license plate bolt Skulls.
Rear view colour camera with infra red, hooked up to an LCD rear view mirror doubling up as a 7" monitor
Tints 20's & Westins.
Raider Low Rider solid tonneau.
Xenon wheel arches.
Billet Aluminium Rapid hitch.
EZ lift tailgate torsion bar.
Bug deflector.
Dodge valve caps.

Interior Mods
Black coin holder ha ha ha.
DVD head unit.
2xRockford Fosgate Punch 12" subs.
2 Kenwood 6x9's & 2 5.25's.
2x9inch DVD screens built into custom headrests.
Full custom black leather interior with red piping & custom stitched red Ram logo into front seat backs .
Toad Thatcham cat 1 alarm

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-24-2012, 10:20 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGHemi View Post
Big difference in leaving the battery connected for a long time and one of leaving it disconnected for an equally long time.
When a battery is still connected, there is long term current drain which leads to a deep discharging of it.
This causes plates to "buckle" and screws battery cells up.
That's probably what happened on this instance.
Al.
That's kinda what Robert at the battery place said. He said the average vehicle will drop about two volts per month if the battery does not have some type of charging tender hooked-up. The voltage would drop even more with my truck IF the security system is armed. But even with the system in the valet mode, it pulls down extra amps because of the little LED light on the dash.

Something I might look into when I get my truck back. The Army was testing a plug-n-play solar charger for the Raytheon Patriot Missile equipment. The little solar panel would keep the battery charged-up on the Gen-Sets. So when the equipment was picked-up and taken into the field, they wouldn't have worry about a bunch of dead batteries.

LPGHemi

Posted: 10-25-2012, 02:02 AM
LPG Hemi
City: North East England
Post #107

Yep a little solar powered charger is ideal.
We use them over herd in the UK for our caravans ...... Motor homes to you lol.
They are very kind to batteries as they trickle charge.
Al.
K&N air & oil filters.
NGK Iridiums. Detroit TruTrac. TMR delete.
Procomp ES9000 with torsion bar tweak.
EBC slotted rotors with Yellow stuff pads and Cooper Zeon LTZ275/60/R20.
3" T304 stainless steel custom exhaust with high flow cat side exit near rear tire with DMH Electric cutout and T304 custom muffler.
Prinz LPG VSI sequential gaseous injection system
with 2x70 litre siamesed fuel tanks.

Exterior Mods
Siege Engineering Kong Mk2 Train horns 200 psi Viair 480C compressor & 3 gallon tank.
6000K HID Twiggy hi/lo + fogs.
White front and red rear LED license plate bolt Skulls.
Rear view colour camera with infra red, hooked up to an LCD rear view mirror doubling up as a 7" monitor
Tints 20's & Westins.
Raider Low Rider solid tonneau.
Xenon wheel arches.
Billet Aluminium Rapid hitch.
EZ lift tailgate torsion bar.
Bug deflector.
Dodge valve caps.

Interior Mods
Black coin holder ha ha ha.
DVD head unit.
2xRockford Fosgate Punch 12" subs.
2 Kenwood 6x9's & 2 5.25's.
2x9inch DVD screens built into custom headrests.
Full custom black leather interior with red piping & custom stitched red Ram logo into front seat backs .
Toad Thatcham cat 1 alarm

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPGHemi View Post
Yep a little solar powered charger is ideal.
We use them over herd in the UK for our caravans ...... Motor homes to you lol.
They are very kind to batteries as they trickle charge.
Al.
I like the idea because we get soooo much sunshine around here. I don't know why I didn't think of it (cough cough) years ago.

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-26-2012, 12:36 AM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #109

I've been looking at the rate that I've been getting money to the shop for the repair-and-rebuild and it's bad. At the rate I've been paying him, I would have been looking at April or later just to get even for the mess the warranty company got me into with the shop. No that doesn't even count what it'll cost to do the real repairs. I would like to think I would be as nice as he has been to me but I also believe its get old. My fear has been he'll just get sick of whole thing and file for a lean, then I could kiss my truck goodbye forever. I can't go into details here but I've been working on a way to get more money to my R&R for the the truck. I finely nailed it down today and should be able to stop this nickel-n-dime crap and get some real money to the shop starting tomorrow. No I didn't rob a bank, sell my blood or anything else, or even win the lotto; it's all my money. Hopefully the ball will get rolling now and the truck will get repaired soon.

... I will keep you posted

wildchilds74

Posted: 10-26-2012, 07:28 PM
State: OH
Post #110

Just a little fyi... To make you feel a little better... To file for a lean, the repair has to exceed the value of the vehicle. But they can add a fee for storage which is usually where the bill gets high.
Anyways, it can be a major headache to try and if someone is making payments it's just not worth dealing with

DannyMK2

Posted: 10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Post #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchilds74 View Post
Just a little fyi... To make you feel a little better... To file for a lean, the repair has to exceed the value of the vehicle. But they can add a fee for storage which is usually where the bill gets high.
Anyways, it can be a major headache to try and if someone is making payments it's just not worth dealing with
a repair shop can put a lein for any amount that they are owed. just means that he cant sell the truck without the shop releasing the lein. i cant imagine any shop putting a lein on a truck that you are actually trying to pay him for his work. if you were ducking him, then yea, i can see that.

dmcelhannon

Posted: 10-27-2012, 12:16 AM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #112

Mom's Buick needed a state inspection so I went by the shop today. While I was there, I paid a sizable amount towards the bill. I believe I'll have the last of the bill paid by the first of the month.

The second thing that happen was I ran into someone that has firsthand knowledge what it's like to go to court against Katie, my lawyer. The friend is a fellow Dodge Guy and wanted to know what's going with the truck since I saw him last. I told him that it got to the point I had to get a lawyer. He asked who and when I told him, the blood drain from his face. He told me what it was like just going though the deposition with her and how she knew more about his job, equipment, and methods than he did as a Doctor. I told him the little saying that it's "like a sheep that's been shredded with a chainsaw". He added, "...a dull chainsaw. But real slow like". I know the office staff is getting information for Katie because I got a message for more contact details on the truck's warranty. That's what I've been working on tonight. I'll email the document over the weekend so it'll be there first thing Monday.

Rich 2500

Posted: 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM
City: Chesapeake City
State: MD
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #113

Sic'um Mack.

Elec. Blue 07 2500 Thunderoad QC Hemi 4X4

BTC #181

Mopar Cai, Mopar SS Nerf Bars, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Wheel Well Liners, EGR In Channel Window Vents, Tinted Windows 30%, Hella 500's behind the grill, Gibson Dual Sport Catback Exhaust, Magna Flow "Y" Pipe, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, LineX Bedliner, Flexalite 180 Efan (shrouldless), Jet 180 Thermostat, Edge Evolution (used as monitor) DiabloSport Predator, Solid Steel Industries-Steering Stabilizer, Carli Starter Suspension System, Carli Adj. Track Bar, Toyo 35/12.50/17 MT on Stock Wheels, Carli Anti Sway Bar, Xeon Fogs 6000K

dmcelhannon

Is It OK If I Just Cry II ... - Posted: 11-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #114

Is It OK If I Just Cry II ... merged here ...

I'm starting a new thread for the old problem. I figured why not, the truck is in the same shape as it was back on July 28. I removed the old thread from the public forum because ... well, matters have gone to the next level. So, after paying $220 at the dealership for a diagnosis and then getting stuck with a $1270 bill, I now have all of that paid off as of today. Maybe now, we can find out whats wrong. Personally, I still believe it's a bad exhaust lash adjuster on the number three or five cylinder. The shop owner believes he had it to me in the next few days. He is going to pull the drivers' side valve cover and then run the engine. I'm not sure what this one is going to cost me. I told him if even one lash adjuster is bad, I want all eight on the cylinder head replaced. All this for a job that shouldn't have cost me more than $300-bucks. When I get the truck back, I'll have to have it cleaned because the poor thing looks like an abandon vehicle. The bed cover has dry rotted. At the start of the summer, I have to replace the battery because the one the shop put in there is too small. And they butchered my cable cables putting one of those dime-a-dozen one-size-fits-all battery clamps. It'll great to have the truck back but I'm going to do my best to do some of the work myself. I keep you posted as things move from here.

A Bowling Ball In A Dryer

Last edited by dmcelhannon : 11-13-2013 at 11:15 PM.

weedahoe

Posted: 11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Tricked out Ram
City: Albany
State: GA
Post #115

Terrible news. Hope you get it worked out.
2004 2wd Dodge Ram QC w/a 5.7 with Royal Purple 5w-20 in the motor, RP Max ATF in the trans, 80-90w in the 4.56 Auburn LSD rolling on American Racing Dale Earnhart "Tank" 24s wrapped in Pirelli 325/45/24s (36" tires)

| Debadged | SRT-10 hood | Custom CAI | Fumoto oil valve | 12" of lift | Power Wire | 9007 Bi-Xenon 6k | 9006 Single Beam 6K | 2nd battery tray (2K CCA total) | Big 3 upgrade w/1ga wire | Altezza clear tails w/LEDs | Clear LED 3rd light | 26gal to 35gal fuel tank swap | Viair 380c air compressor | train horns | Ceramic pads (F&R) | Westin Nerfs | Chrome door/tailgate handles | Custom switch panel | Custom center console | B&M QuickSilver floor shifer | Xbox 360 | Audiobahn A8000V (1600w sub amp) | Audiobahn 2002V (400w mid/high amp) | 2 12" Kicker DVC CVRs in a FoxBox | 4 Kicker DS650s (front & rears) | 2 Kicker KS350s (dash) | 2 8" LCD screens in the sunvisors | 2 6" LCD screens in the headrest | Clifford 50.7x alarm | 20/15% tint | Diablo Trinity - custom and 93 tuned | Mopar 6.1 ignition conversion | Start ignition push button | KRC 210 cam | 6.1 springs & pushrods | 6.1 half covers | 180* T-stat | Taurus E-fan | Pacesetter ceramic LTs | dual DMH cutouts | (2) 4x14" round magnaflows | 4x24" tips | X pipe | Jimmy Jammers | Ported (85mm) TB | Innovate LC-1 wideband | Sonnax transmission pressure booster | Mopar slush mats | RBP grill | powder coated calipers | custom rim/grill lights |

Link to my gallery

Next projects:

- Custom center console
- B&M Quicksilver Floor shifter
- Custom CAI

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-29-2012, 12:32 AM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Terrible news. Hope you get it worked out.
Yes and no. The whole thing bites but now I'll get the truck fixed and I'll get it back on the road. I cannot even begin to tell you how sick I am of driving the Buick PA. The car is like three inches off the ground and I keep raking the air dam almost daily as move around town. If I'm not real careful, the car hits the front cross-member. I'm afraid that once I get my truck back on the road, I'm going to get a repair bill for the PA.

Limedust

Posted: 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM
City: Upstate
State: SC
Post #117

Good luck, man. I've been quietly reading the progress from your first thread until now, and the whole situation blows.

JonRoc

Posted: 11-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Creature Of The Wheel
City: Near Nashville
State: TN
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #118

I hope all works out for you in the end.

"Code Red" 07 Ram RC 2/4.5 2WD 4.7

Installed or Soon To Be:
McGaughys Deluxe 2/4.5-OEM SRT10 Hood-TMD Bumper Cover-EFX Rollpan-GrillCraft MX Grille-08 Intake Manifold
Offroad 17s Plastidipped-Flame Red Heads-SC3865 w/ Trans Upgrade-Airaid CAI-70mm TB-MF YPipe-Jet 180 Tstat
DMH ECutout-Jet Stream Scoop-SRT10 Wing-15% Tint-Nuvi 50LM-Cree 9W Rev LEDs-Radio Bez Painted Red
SiriusXM Radio-NS'ed Sonar Smoked LED Tails & Recon 3rd-Hawk HPS Pads-Belltech Street Shocks
Tailgate Bar-PW-6" Stubbie-BT Emblem-Mopar Batt Shield-Bosch Icon Blades-3W Int LEDs-Red LEDs in Engine Bay
Going To Buy Someday:
Matte Black Hood Stripe & Roof Wrap-Alpine Sys-Aeon Bump Stops
Gibson Shorties GP316S-BT Int Pieces-CF Mirror Covers

dmcelhannon

Posted: 11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Moderator David Mack
View This User's Gallery
Post #119

I believe now that somebody is ACTUALLY has a work order, I should get my truck back soon.

Ron380

Posted: 11-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Just a Comedian.
City: Ohio
State: OH
Post #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limedust View Post
Good luck, man. I've been quietly reading the progress from your first thread until now, and the whole situation blows.
X2- on what he said!