98 ram 1500-2001 ram 1500 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Harveyb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
98 ram 1500-2001 ram 1500

I am going to be doing a 5-speed swap in my 01,have a chance to buy a 98 1500 4x4 5.2 for the swap,I know I will need to buy a 5.9 flywheel but are there any other differences between the 98 and 2001,will I have everything I need for the swap other then the flywheel and a computer flash.I also can get a 2000 2500 with a 5 speed but the truck looks pretty beat,the 98 is mint and a friend is willing to go halfs on this one just for the body.thanks

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Offroad Sport,fully loaded,360,SCT by Hemifever,flowmaster catback exhaust,Hard bed cover,flush mount(painted to match truck)bed rug,leather interior,custom sub box,2 10" MTX subs powered by a jackhammer amp,memphis door and rear speakers powered by a memphis amp,sir micheals roll pan,fresh paint after tree incident.
fastman 52mm throttle body,Gibson shorty ceramic coated headers,airgap intake,K&N cold air intake,mopar performance valve covers,harland sharp 1.7 roller rockers and magna flow high flow cat and y-pipe.37/12.50/17 BFGOODRICH M/Ts on Cragar Black Rock Wheels,4.88 gearing,converted to 5-speed,5" BDS long arm lift with full rear leafs,plus a 2" coil spacer and 2"taller rear leaf blocks,DT profab trackbar,Borgeson steering box and steering shaft,BD Diesel steering box brace,dual steering stabilizer,Bilstein shocks and stabilizers all around,1-ton steering upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM
cblake
Chuck Blake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am not any help on this one, but I would love to do the same swap on my 1999 with a 360. That is what I wanted when I bought mine new, but they only offered a 5 speed with a 318 and I wanted 360. I will be watching to see what you run into.

1999 RAM 1500, 4WD QC, Auto, 5.9
1.7 Harland Sharp RR's, Mopar Magnum polished aluminum valve covers
Hughes FI airgap, 52mm Fastman tb, Fastman similator
4.56 gears
pro flo open air
gutted cat with 1 in 2 out magnaflow
SCT tune by Hemifever
Taylor 8.2 thundervolt, duralast cap and rotor with brass inserts
180 thermostat with Hypertech high output coil
ASP underdrive crank pulley
Doug Thorley ceramic tri-y headers
steering box brace
Bushwacker extend-a-fender flares
Warrior 2 1/2" leveling kit
AAL to rear springs + 1" zero rate block to spring stack.
3" body lift
37x13.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ on 18" eagle wheels
Transmission cooler added along with transgo shift kit
deep transmission pan, + 4 quarts
black nerf bars and grill black bull bars
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.